Your electricity & gas bills?

To be honest using u-switch was a piece of cake..just put your energy useage in the website and it gives you the best/cheapest deal for you...

I did- I switched from N Power to EDF, but even if your new provider is the cheapest at the time, all the providers constantly alter their tariffs & offers, which means a week after switching you might not be on the cheapest available again- and probably locked in for a year.

Is it impossible in this day and age for a provider to say "this is how many units you used between this date and this date, this is what we charge per unit, so this is how much you owe".. irrespective of how much you use, where you live, how you want to pay, how long you've been with them etc etc etc. Simples.

I dont begrudge them making a decent profit, but they are taking the p155 out of us all, getting away with it and laughing all the way to the bank. Their board meetings must be hilarious fun seeing who can come up with the next smoke and mirrors method to muddy the murky water of their charging process some more.

I did- I switched from N Power to EDF, but even if your new provider is the cheapest at the time, all the providers constantly alter their tariffs & offers, which means a week after switching you might not be on the cheapest available again- and probably locked in for a year.

Is it impossible in this day and age for a provider to say "this is how many units you used between this date and this date, this is what we charge per unit, so this is how much you owe".. irrespective of how much you use, where you live, how you want to pay, how long you've been with them etc etc etc. Simples.

I dont begrudge them making a decent profit, but they are taking the p155 out of us all, getting away with it and laughing all the way to the bank. Their board meetings must be hilarious fun seeing who can come up with the next smoke and mirrors method to muddy the murky water of their charging process some more.

Read my previous posts..my energy is costing me half of what it did this time last year...

Strange that this thread should come up as I've just been looking at switching. Our current plan with EON comes to an end at the end of November - just been onto U-Switch and it's given me a price that's £156 cheaper for the year - currently paying £88 a month. The actual new price per unit is fixed too for 12 months - but £60 cancellation charge if I come out of the plan. This is with a supplier I've never heard of before called OVO.

What we have paid now is less that what we were paying two years back when gas and electric were cheaper. We've had cavity wall insulation done. I've currently got half the loft insulated (right pain to do as there's not much room) and we've insulated ourselves by wearing jumpers in the evening.

G

Archived