Should large ponds be cleaned? EG Forge dam / Endcliffe ?

Who is the local MP?I am sure he will show some interest in this issue if pressed.There is a water shortage and these dams if cleaned could be used to irrigate the parks rather than use mains water as is the present policy.Is nt David Blunkett the MP for Hallam FM?

Hallam FM is a radio station. Nick Clegg is MP for Sheffield Hallam.

Who is the local MP?I am sure he will show some interest in this issue if pressed.There is a water shortage and these dams if cleaned could be used to irrigate the parks rather than use mains water as is the present policy.Is nt David Blunkett the MP for Hallam FM?

I think it is the one that I wouldn't trust no further than I could spit - namely the deputy prime minister . " In name only of course ." However I think that your idea is an excellent one and well worth pursuing .

In putting that suggestion forward , can I perhaps alert you to the fact that the people living on Hangingwater Road , that is by both " Wire Mill Dam " and "Forge Dam , " Have for a long time objected to people playing with " Radio controlled boats " on Wire Mill dam and people fishing on the Forge Dam . I suspect that there there has been some subtle manoeuvrings afoot . Non the less , your suggestion is a good one .

I think it is the one that I wouldn't trust no further than I could spit - namely the deputy prime minister . " In name only of course ." However I think that your idea is an excellent one and well worth pursuing .

In putting that suggestion forward , can I perhaps alert you to the fact that the people living on Hangingwater Road , that is by both " Wire Mill Dam " and "Forge Dam , " Have for a long time objected to people playing with " Radio controlled boats " on Wire Mill dam and people fishing on the Forge Dam . I suspect that there there has been some subtle manoeuvrings afoot . Non the less , your suggestion is a good one .

Hangingwater residents are renowned activists for the preservation of S11 privileges-I think fishing is fun and the RC boats are a great spectacle.

Hangingwater residents are renowned activists for the preservation of S11 privileges-I think fishing is fun and the RC boats are a great spectacle.

Perhaps I can refer you back to the early 70's when , There were petitions submitted to the Sheffield City Council by the residents of the Hangingwater road area , to stop the activities on Wire Mill dam - namely those of the enthusiasts of R.C. boats on wire mill dam ,from pursuing their pleasures on the said because of the unacceptable antisocial noise that they created . I can not remember the exact date of the petition , but I am sure you would be able to find it .

Whilst I am sure that this is not the main focus of their objection , I would be prepared to lay bets that this is a far wider cast of their net .

At the time the Sheffield City council took the view that the pleasures of the vast majority of the cityzens far outweighed the the wishes of the few of the area and , that the wishes of the majority should prevail .

I am sure that the people of the area , including the Forge Dam area , have cast their nets wider in the hope of achieving their goal . I would suggest that the present situation of the whole area has proven this point .

Archived