Would you report deliberate insurance fraud  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report deliberate insurance fraud

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends how much it was for
    • If there was a reward
    • Don`t know

Most insurance companies make a loss as to money earned through premiums against money paid out in claims. They make their money by investing the money, similar to banks.

They keep increasing their premiums because they are paying out more, therefore you should report any fraud as it does concern you as it pushes your premiums up.

Yet the law is black and white. It's only the sentencing that is shaded.

If the law is so ‘black and white’, why do lawyers of plaintiffs and defendants, both believe they stand a good chance of winning a case on behalf of their clients?

If the law is so ‘black and white’, why do lawyers of plaintiffs and defendants, both believe they stand a good chance of winning a case on behalf of their clients?

Because, simply, what each lawyer 'believes' is irrelevant. Each puts-forward one party's case. The Court decides:

a. which is proven on the balance of probabilities [civil law]; or

b. whether the prosecution's case is proven beyond reasonable doubt [criminal law].

And perhaps gularscute shares Proudhon's view that 'Property is theft.' Wonder how he/she would argue against a burglar?

I wouldn't argue against a burglar, I'd ask them for a receipt for the burglary so that I might have the faintest glimmer of hope of making a claim. Still there'd probably be a clause in the contract written in subatomic print declaring that I was ineligible for a payout because I wasn't burgled on the 32nd of Octember by a centaur.

Archived