Trailer parks- would you live on one?

Could you live on a trailer park?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Could you live on a trailer park?

• Yes i have no issues with that
    • No way- im no trailer trash
    • Depends on the other trailer dwellers
    • I might consider it if the price was right

In the USA they have trailer parks for those that cant afford a house. They havent made their way over here...yet..because we have council / social housing and cheap houses- you can still pick up a house in the UK for 25k.

Im wondering if trailer parks will start to make an appearance here, after all, modern trailers can be very nice, and are at least the size of a new build 1 bed apartment.

Is there money to be made from setting up a few nice trailer parks and renting them out to 'young professionals'- people who cant afford the deposit yet for a house, and want more for their £500 month rent than a damp terrace or a pokey apartment in the middle of town, or just want somewhere cheaper to allow them to save for a deposit.

Aren't static caravan sites practically the same thing ?

Essentially, but we only have these as 'holiday resorts' and I dont think technically you are allowed to live there all year round. I want to open trailer parks in and around our big cities.

Essentially, but we only have these as 'holiday resorts' and I dont think technically you are allowed to live there all year round. I want to open trailer parks in and around our big cities.

There are trailer sites all over the country already for permenant residence you need to do your home work.

There are trailer sites all over the country already for permenant residence you need to do your home work.

A lot in Humberside and East Yorkshire are now 12 month sites. Technically you're not supposed to live in them, but plenty do! The problem with caravans are they cool down very quickly and can be uncomfortable to spend a winter in

Archived