Trailer parks- would you live on one?

Could you live on a trailer park?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Could you live on a trailer park?

• Yes i have no issues with that
    • No way- im no trailer trash
    • Depends on the other trailer dwellers
    • I might consider it if the price was right

On the caravan park where we have our static caravan our immediate neighbours (who all work!) both live in their caravans (one a family of 5). Caravan owners are allowed to stay in their caravans from the beginning of March each year up till the beginning of January the following year when the caravan has to be vacated.

I don't know why people think it is cheap living in a caravan as compared to housing - it is actually quite expensive - over £4,000 per year site fee, additional costs for gas, electricity, water (which can be quite high - plus the relevant "admin" fees on top), plus any other "fees" that the site manager's wish to impose.

Plus, of course, caravans are like cars - as soon as you buy it, it depreciates!

Did you bother to check?

Do such sites exist?

BTW, they do. They're expensive and offer a very poor standard of living.

I bothered to check.

I'm not lazy. I don't make smart-arse comments.

You are an angry little man arent you!

Essentially, but we only have these as 'holiday resorts' and I dont think technically you are allowed to live there all year round. I want to open trailer parks in and around our big cities.

Yes you are I know places that are residential there's one in Carlton on Trent, Newark and at least two more nearby and there are also two next to Torksey Lock in Lincolnshire, plenty of people live in them around Skegvegas

Archived