Rawsons School, Ecclesfield 1950s

I was at Rawsons Infants School in Ecclesfield from 1953 to 1957.

Does anyone have any photos of the school - now knocked down - and any information about the history of the school please? Or indeed were any of you there at the same time?

I do know that the school crest in stone was found in a skip and is now in the churchyard at Ecclesfield, but other than that I don't know anything about the school.

Does anyone have any photos of the school - now knocked down - and any information about the history of the school please? Or indeed were any of you there at the same time?

I do know that the school crest in stone was found in a skip and is now in the churchyard at Ecclesfield, but other than that I don't know anything about the school.

my dad went to rawsons as did all his brothers & sisters, if you type in ecclesfield village, im pretty sure theres some photos on that thread

I was at Rawsons from 1949 to 1951. The Headmistress was Miss Rodgers. Other staff members I remember were Mrs Whittington, Mrs Smith, Miss Bunting and Miss Higgins. Rawsons School was built with money donated by Miss Hannah Rawson of Wardsend. Not sure of the date, but I know it was there in the last part of the 1800's, and regularly visited by the Ecclesfield vicar, the Rev. Dr Alfred Gatty. I will have a scout round and see if I can find a building date.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

• 6 years later...

I remember being milk monitor there,,,clearing snow of the bottles and going around the classrooms with a little trolley