Good reliable Heating Engineers - Crookes

A regular topic this so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

Need some up to date opinions on Gas Heating service companies to do a gas check and service on a Glowworm boiler in Crookes.

I know there's plenty of comment on here but could do with some up to date views. The company that installed the system did a great job in 2006 but over the last couple of years have caused unnecessary cost and damage when servicing the boiler - made a real pigs ear of it. Really could do with some pointers to someone competent, honest and fair.

I can't fault Glowworm's (part of Vaillant) engineers. They carry all the spares on their van and know the boilers inside out.

There was a fault on some vaillant and I think GlowWorm models where the combustion chamber seal would perish, leading to the flames escaping. There was a "recall" on them where they replace the seal with a carbon one.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have no hesitation in recommending John Bland (Bland Plumbing and heating). I have known John for many years through our mutual work contacts. When other engineers are phoning him for advice, you know that he is respected throughout the trade. Johns mobile no. is 07932 756930.

Archived