MPs Debate for Europe

sounds like parliament are readying themselves for a mass debate on whether we should be a part of the EU or back the hell out, i think that any right minded individual with any common sense would most certainly get the hell out

i mean, who in their right mind wants to be going down on a sinking ship and taking themselves down just to save face and be another reason why england should keep their brown noses out, they should totally go it alone, i mean, we never followed with the euro and chose to stick with the pound, so why be part of the EU, it just seems dumb, and david camerons excuses are wearing thin

I think the debate is about whether or not to hold a referendum.

We would be in a "short term sacrifice for long term gain" scenario. There would be a painful period, but it would be well worth the sacrifices. England was a much better place before the advent of mass immigration. It was friendlier, people were happier, there was not nearly so much violent crime and there was almost full employment....BRING IT ON!:love:

except that the damage caused by your short term sacrifice would be pretty much permanent

and the rest just sounds like the standard "its all the immigrants fault" bnp/edl rant

If we did pull out however we could cut unemployment drastically because all the immigrants from the EU would no longer have a right to work here and we could send them packing pronto.
That's quite all right, if I'm not wanted here anymore I'll be moving without a fuss, but then of course I'll pull all my investments at once (might cause a few defaults and job losses, that :(...oh well, no omlet without breaking some eggs, hey, Stepman? ;)) and take my income tax contributions, including the not insubstantial contribution at the top rate, to the next highest bidder (might cause an infinitesimal dip in State funding...but then I'll not be alone anyway -by a very long shot, at that- and it's not as if you haven't planned for that outcome, Stepman, right? ;))

Considering my job and skills won't be replaced like-for-like by another person in the UK for a good 10 years (at least), I'm quite certain that this "next highest bidder" will welcome the competitive advantage with open arms :D

That's quite all right, if I'm not wanted here anymore I'll be moving without a fuss, but then of course I'll pull all my investments at once (might cause a few defaults and job losses, that :(...oh well, no omlet without breaking some eggs, hey, Stepman? ;)) and take my income tax contributions, including the not insubstantial contribution at the top rate, to the next highest bidder (might cause an infinitesimal dip in State funding...but then I'll not be alone anyway, and it's not as if you haven't planned for that outcome, Stepman, right? ;))

Considering my job and skills won't be replaced like-for-like by another person in the UK for a good 10 years (at least), I'm quite certain that this "next highest bidder" will welcome the competitive advantage with open arms :D

So what if we do need to train up a new garbage disposal operator?:hihi:

So what if we do need to train up a new garbage disposal operator?:hihi:
There's your problem, in one.

10 years to train UK garbage disposal operators, who are then paid high enough to reach the 50% tax bracket.

No wonder the UK economy keeps going down the tubes :hihi:

With electors like this, and MPs who liken the process to voting for celebs on TV shows, there's a reason the Gvt won't let you near the urns again in a hurry :hihi:

Archived