Has anyone been to the lego store

My boys are really into lego and i wanted to get them a load of the simple building bricks for xmas (they got shed loads of kits), but getting hold of them is a knightmare. I want to know if anyone has been to a lego store, the nearest being liverpool, cause im visting family up there next month. Does anyone know if you can buy bricks indivdualy.:help:

Hi

Don't know if they are all the same but the one in Cardiff has a sort of pick and mix type bit, where you just fill the tub with extras and pay for the tub. Sorry can't remember how much it was though but wasn't a stupidly high price.

Hi

Don't know if they are all the same but the one in Cardiff has a sort of pick and mix type bit, where you just fill the tub with extras and pay for the tub. Sorry can't remember how much it was though but wasn't a stupidly high price.

This is what im looking for, theres a picture online with a big pick n mix type thing all along back wall. Was hoping this was to buy and not just for kids to play with instore.:hihi:

They do at the lego attraction in the trafford centre, manchester.

My OH heard about that one. Big kid that he is, he just wants to go and play all day. Got to admit i like playing with lego too. Hoping to go to the liverpool store as my sister lives up there an gonna go drop off xmas prezzies next month. Looks like im spending day in lego shop now, choosing bricks. Just want bags full of the 4 x 2s. God help my living room xmas day.

Haven't been to the one in liverpool, but i've been to the one in milton keynes and you can do the pick and mix tubs there.

The Manchester one is worth a trip if you can get there - possibly not worth paying full price for, but they always have offers on and its a fab way to spend a few hours!

• 10 months later...
You probably already know, but a Lego store recently opened at Meadowhall. http://www.meadowhall.co.uk/store_profile.aspx?retailername=LEGO

Should make your life a bit easier, or is that a bit more expensive! :)

Great shop, love it, but blimey are some of the things expensive. I want the lego deathstar but it's £274:shocked:

The pick and mix looks good for younger kids and you can make your own Lego men in store.

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Death-Star-10188?CMP=KAC-SAHCSEU8&HQS=10188

jb

Archived