Shoddy repairs on sofa

dose anyone think this is an acceptable repair on a settee what is only 10 mth old from a major furniture company, that`s just 2 of a few nasty repair pictures

the person in the picture is not , its the service manager of the furniture comany

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

I take it the seat was sagging? Ideally, the seat should have had serpentine springs in it, elastic webbing isn't suited for the seats of large pieces, it's generally used on arms, backs and small pieces of furniture.

Stuffing a few pieces of inch foam between the springs/webs and existing foam is a bodge and scarper method of repairing sagging seats.

I suggest that you Attach the pictures to an email and send it to the company in question and inform them that you have uploaded the same pictures of the repair to sheffield forum and you're prepared to name and shame if they don't respond within 14 days.

I take it the seat was sagging? Ideally, the seat should have had serpentine springs in it, elastic webbing isn't suited for the seats of large pieces, it's generally used on arms, backs and small pieces of furniture.

Stuffing a few pieces of inch foam between the springs/webs and existing foam is a bodge and scarper method of repairing sagging seats.

I suggest that you Attach the pictures to an email and send it to the company in question and inform them that you have uploaded the same pictures of the repair to sheffield forum and you're prepared to name and shame if they don't respond within 14 days.

no it has not got serpentine springs under the settee, just elastic straps, and just to compensate the sagging he has just put bits of blue sponge under the settee,

yes its the blue sponge, that has been put in under the straps he just cut it sponge up and just put bits in, it looks like a drunk has repaired it

Thats a shocking 'repair'.

Id be on the phone screwing at head office if it were me.

Then trading standards:thumbsup:

Thats a shocking 'repair'.

Id be on the phone screwing at head office if it were me.

Then trading standards:thumbsup:

thats just 2 pictures of 10 that i took. plus 1 more below

phoning them don`t work, when you have got the email address of the Chief Executive of the company, now that should work, i hope, if not.

then trading standards

IMG_0360.jpg

thats just 2 pictures of 10 that i took. plus 1 more below

phoning them don`t work, when you have got the email address of the Chief Executive of the company, now that should work, i hope, if not.

then trading standards

IMG_0360.jpg

Well i do hope you get it sorted and soon with Christmas on the horizon.

On the plus side, i love your flooring.

Can i ask where you got it from please?

dose anyone think this is an acceptable repair on a settee what is only 10 mth old from a major furniture company, that`s just 2 of a few nasty repair pictures

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Is that you in the third photo, of a guy that came to fix it?

Archived