Shoddy repairs on sofa

• 2 weeks later...
I take it the seat was sagging? Ideally, the seat should have had serpentine springs in it, elastic webbing isn't suited for the seats of large pieces, it's generally used on arms, backs and small pieces of furniture.

Stuffing a few pieces of inch foam between the springs/webs and existing foam is a bodge and scarper method of repairing sagging seats.

I suggest that you Attach the pictures to an email and send it to the company in question and inform them that you have uploaded the same pictures of the repair to sheffield forum and you're prepared to name and shame if they don't respond within 14 days.

Ive been in touch with head office and explained to them that I didn't want another repair due to lack of confidence in them and they said that this wouldn't happen (another repair I mean). We arranged a visit with the store manager to come and inspect the suite. He's come and was adamant that a refund or like for like exchange was not possible. The only thing he was prepared to do was take the sponge out.

So why has head office said different to what he has said?

Been in touch with trading standards and they have built up a case & I am entitled to a refund or like for like exchange under 'The Sales of Goods Act 1979 Amended'

I know I can't name and shame the company but if people would like private information then PM me

If this was anything to do with "furnico" then good luck!! i had a sofa supposedly repaired by them, the bloke they sent was a vile horrid little man with a matching attitude, treat me like some sort of scrubber begging for my sofa to be repaired! i never asked, i complained to the shop i bought it from who then got intouch with furnico, bad repair to the arm and ignored the wobbly recliner, when i mentioned the "wobble" he said think yourself lucky we repaired the arm!! So i bought a new sofa this year, went from shop to shop making sure i didnt buy another furnico made suite, when i sent a email to the manager of the company, turns out he was "bezzie" mates with the scroat that came to my home so did nothing. I shall never ever buy another suite made by furnico tho ;)

Archived