100,000 signatures - Commons debate?

She has not attended on 27 occasions out of SEVENTY from 2001 to 2010.

That is an absent rate of just 38.5%, compared to 61.5% attendance rate!

I read that she is quite a good and conscientious constituency MP.

Much of an MP's workload involves activity elsewhere than in the House of Commons, you know- e.g. Select/Standing committees.

She has not attended on 27 occasions out of SEVENTY from 2001 to 2010.

That is an absent rate of just 38.5%, compared to 61.5% attendance rate!!!

EDIT: the link you showed only concerned her attendance on terrorism laws!!

Yes well use your initiative and look around that site...I'm not spoon feeding you..it just proves that they do not have to attend or vote...that's waht you were asking..

I read that she is quite a good and conscientious constituency MP.

Much of an MP's workload involves activity elsewhere than in the House of Commons, you know- e.g. Select/Standing committees.

I appreciate that and wouldn't expect MP's to be attending every vote. Diana Abbott is good and I have seen her many times in the Commons, wher she has been with just a few other MP's attending and talking on an issue.

Yes well use your initiative and look around that site...I'm not spoon feeding you..it just proves that they do not have to attend or vote...that's waht you were asking..

Ok, it does show that Dianne Abbot hasn't attended 100%, but no one is saying that they have to attend 100%. MPs are human and fall ill or have other important issues to address. All i am saying is that, if MPs can attend they SHOULD attend.

Wo says? Are you an MP? Where's your proof? Back it up!

It is meant to rebuild trust in politics and MP's deliberately refusing to vote or not even turning up makes a mockery AND a farce out of the reason for "right of initiative."

Ok, it does show that Dianne Abbot hasn't attended 100%, but no one is saying that they have to attend 100%. MPs are human and fall ill or have other important issues to address. All i am saying is that, if MPs can attend they SHOULD attend.

So I've backed my post up then? Good... :)

You seem to be confused about what YOU think should happen and reality.

Your original question was whether or not a local issue would be debated if a similar proportion of people wanted it. The answer is NO.

You are now suggesting that all MPs have to attend every vote - they DON'T. For example the Sinn Fein MPs who are elected to the house never take their seats. There is no obligation for them to do so.

Are there any Council members on here that could answer whether MPs can just simply not turn up or abstain, without good reason?

I bet we won't hear a squeak out of em! But, i bet they are there!!!:nod:

You seem to be confused about what YOU think should happen and reality.

Your original question was whether or not a local issue would be debated if a similar proportion of people wanted it. The answer is NO.

You are now suggesting that all MPs have to attend every vote - they DON'T. For example the Sinn Fein MPs who are elected to the house never take their seats. There is no obligation for them to do so.

No i am NOT... read and understand!

Archived