Mystery about Shakespeare.

During Shakespeare's time England was ruled by snobbery, if you were born in the wrong family, you had no prospects. The anti-Stratfordism conspiracy as it's known is a fringe belief with historians, that isn't really taken seriously.

well i hope it isnt taken too seriously.i like to believe shakespeare's name will remain part of our heritage and culture.

its a conspiracy theory thats been going on a long time,that shakespeare wasnt the author of the famous plays.---recently brought into focus again with the release of a new film "anomymous".

it seems many people believe this. they suggest that because of his humble origins he could not have been educated enough to have written the works.

this reeks of class snobbery to me.

any thoughts?

You do realise that the film is just a work of fiction and not based on fact don't you?

From Wikipedia

"Although no attendance records for the period survive, most biographers agree that Shakespeare was probably educated at the King's New School in Stratford, a free school chartered in 1553, about a quarter-mile from his home. Grammar schools varied in quality during the Elizabethan era, but the curriculum was dictated by law throughout England, and the school would have provided an intensive education in Latin grammar and the classics."

Archived