Not Christmas but The Holidays

What about the Coca Cola adverts that get shown during Christmas? yes there's a father Christmas in them, but nowhere do you see or hear the word Christmas, not in this particular one anyway(I havn't checked them all), its just "holiday's are coming, holiday's are coming......."

Muslims no problem with Christmas. They accept Christ as much as anyone.

Christmas is one day, the day of Christs birth.

All the rest is just a holiday around that day.

It is only in recent years we have started this mid winter festival

When I started work, it was Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and that was it.

Then we had to lick street clean wit tongue, and we thought we were well off.

Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and new year etc are referred to as Hanukkah, Kwanzee and new year when they come around; what the OP is objecting to is Christmas not being referred to as Christmas when it comes around, but "the holidays" instead.

They are during their individual days, but to cover the general season, from late November to January, its referred to as holiday time. Holidays included Christmas. It really isnt that complicated to understand.

Who's calling it that?

Has anyone told you that you have to call it that?

If not then you're probably objecting to something that really doesn't matter aren't you?

absolutely i if christmas is ever renamed 'the holidays' then we can debate it in detail, but it's still called christmas.

I might start a thread objecting to Easter being renamed 'Eggy time' by the PC brigade and those pesky muslims

Muslims no problem with Christmas. They accept Christ as much as anyone.

Christmas is one day, the day of Christs birth.

All the rest is just a holiday around that day.

It is only in recent years we have started this mid winter festival

When I started work, it was Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and that was it.

Then we had to lick street clean wit tongue, and we thought we were well off.

I think that you will find it's Santa's birthday !

Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and new year etc are referred to as Hanukkah, Kwanzee and new year when they come around; what the OP is objecting to is Christmas not being referred to as Christmas when it comes around, but "the holidays" instead.

By whom?

I'm not aware of this ever happening.

Archived