European Union rename Easter - what next!!

Well, there's always Jesusween to look forward to...

On Halloween, the streets are filled with vampires, monsters, ghosts, ghouls, and werewolves, but there is one thing noticeably absent. God. Thankfully, Non-profit organization JesusWeen is trying to put God back into the devil’s holiday.

JesusWeen asks participants to:

Knock on doors to give a tract, CD, DVD, or Bible

When asked for treats give the gift of salvation

The people at JesusWeen can also save you some time picking out a costume. JesusWeen posted on its Facebook page:

“DRESS CODE: On October 31st, every Christian is expected to wear a white top to symbolize Righteousness and the love of God to all mankind. The money normally used to buy costumes can be given to ministries that print christian books to help the unsaved or give such funds to JesusWeen or food bank to help the poor.”

The organization says that they are “endorsed by God,” and that their mission is to “re-program the world.”

Pastor Paul, who started JesusWeen in 2002, told Gawker:

“I think (Halloween) is an activity that doesn’t have anything to do with Christians. And I think many Christian families are not knowledgeable to what it’s all about. Halloween is not consistent with the Christian faith. Many people say they feel uncomfortable on that day. We think people should choose an alternative activity.”

Pastor Paul is right. Halloween has very little to do with Christianity. Halloween started as an ancient Celtic, pre-Christian new years celebration.

History.com reports:

“It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts.”

Yes, and I'd win. Birmingham Council never did intend, or pass any council ruling deciding, to change the name of Christmas to "Winterval."

Winterval was a several-weeks-long event incorporating a whole variety of events and festivals that take place during the Winter season - Christmas among them.

under pressure from France, the PC brigade and muslim groups - the EU proposes changing the name of Easter to 'la temp d'oef' - EGGY TIME!

well I'll tell you this - it's Easter in this house!!!!!!

Thats right and bonfire night is to be called La Nuite de feux et des bangers.I think also the French would have spelt the term ouef,not oef you oaf.Also it is le temp,being a male noun.You are how they say the merchant de le winde uope.or perhaps le grand juan couer!

well fair do's- I plead guilty and, in fairness, I did announce in advance that I would post this crap on the equally stupid thread about christmas being called 'the holiday' by 'the PC brigade' and muslims. I looked up the spelling (failed o level french 30 odd years ago) and changed it well spotted.

the EU/muslims/pc brigade don't want to change or lives, rob us of our culture or interfere with our lives, it's paranoid crap.

let's watch out for the streams of paranoid crap that pollute this forum

cheers

frankie (franquee)

It was never an attempt to rename Christmas, it was, quite simply a term used to describe a series of events including Diwali (festival of Lights), Christmas lights switch on, BBC Children in Need, Aston Hall by Candlelight, Chinese New year, New Years etc.

Why aren't you claiming that they tried to rename New Year? Or Diwali? They were included in the Winterval celebrations too.

Maybe its because you realise it would make you look like a gullible idiot.

Archived