Mucky habit McDs at Meadowhell

I've just been to Meadowhell and ordered a Mc chicken meal and they put the burger on the tray then they laid a carton of chips and the spilled out as they do on those universal blue trays that all the of the fast food outlets share. I asked for them to use a paper under the food like other McDs do but the manager said they wipe the trays so they are ok to eat off. On closer inspection the trays have a non slip diamond grid pattern on them so could not really be suitable to eat off as food and bacteria would get trapped....does anyone on here know about hygiene?...by the way I got the money back I don't like eating off shared trays

My god. It wasn't that long ago that people ate fish and chips wrapped in real newspapers and amazingly they were not dropping like flies..

Seriously what is the problem. Tray gets sprayed with anti bac cleanser wiped with a cloth and food is served onto it. Never look into a kitchen in a big hotel or restaurant or you would die of shock.

There is most likely far worse germs on your hand than on that mcdonalds service tray. In fact there is probably far worse stuff in the actual mcdonalds food than on that tray.

I swear to god it wont be long before some people walk around in bio hazard suits wearing gloves and face masks everywhere they go :roll:

OP clearly living up to his username.

As stated the trays are wiped with a cloth & supplemented with a sanitizer solution spray. The cloths themselves are soaked in sanitizer prior to be used. They're also washed at 90°c well above the legally required "food-safe" temperature.

I've just been to Meadowhell and ordered a Mc chicken meal and they put the burger on the tray then they laid a carton of chips and the spilled out as they do on those universal blue trays that all the of the fast food outlets share. I asked for them to use a paper under the food like other McDs do but the manager said they wipe the trays so they are ok to eat off. On closer inspection the trays have a non slip diamond grid pattern on them so could not really be suitable to eat off as food and bacteria would get trapped....does anyone on here know about hygiene?...by the way I got the money back I don't like eating off shared trays

Eat the tray...better for you.

OP clearly living up to his username.

As stated the trays are wiped with a cloth & supplemented with a sanitizer solution spray. The cloths themselves are soaked in sanitizer prior to be used. They're also washed at 90°c well above the legally required "food-safe" temperature.

I think a part of the problem is that McDonalds have always served the food with the paper on the tray, and it looks like it's for hygiene (rather than branding/advertising purposes) so people become used to it, expect it and when they suddenly don't get it they're unsettled (arrrrgh germs etc)

The whole thing about McDonalds et al is that wherever you go in the country, you know exactly what you'll get from them - and when you don't you feel somethings wrong...

McDonalds ..... once in a blue moon for me - 'Filet o Fish' - notice the spelling - it suggests Fillet - a Fillet is a piece of whole fish rather than what you get in McDonalds 'Filet'

I seem to have gone off thread into a side issue rant :D

Never mind :hihi:

I seem to have gone off thread into a side issue rant :D

Never mind :hihi:

It's only a matter of time before the food police change it anyway ;)

I don't see what the problem is as long as the trays have been washed properly. No one would have a problem eating off plates in a restaurant. If i received a tray with streaks or visible signs of food debris, i wouldn't be too happy though, and would definitely be asking for a refund.

Archived