A bit puzzled about sheffield forum

Mainly because someone else has said it before me. If there was a 'like' button I would probably just use that.

A couple of times I've been absolutely gobsmacked by some of the replies when I have posted so I tend not to contribute to the threads that have the forum know-it-alls on it.

So far I've been accused of being crap at my job by two posters who 'ganged up' on me (lol) being unable to drive because I'm a mere female, and one poster who seemed to follow me from thread to thread belittling every thing I said.

I do like to discuss things but find that I'm the type that can't cope with nasty comments that I know wouldn't be said to my face, but seem to be considered OK by 'some' posters.

Other than that (!) I enjoy reading other's opinions and making my mind up on a variety of issues that I wouldn't usually be interested in.

That's the risk you take on a forum brimming with experts though.

brimming with experts?

it would be a boring forum if it was always brimming with experts.

my experience is that there are a variety of types.

seems to me it is brimming with these :loopy:and these :rant:quite often ...and i might add i do not completely exclude myself from those categories.

Mainly because someone else has said it before me. If there was a 'like' button I would probably just use that.

A couple of times I've been absolutely gobsmacked by some of the replies when I have posted so I tend not to contribute to the threads that have the forum know-it-alls on it.

So far I've been accused of being crap at my job by two posters who 'ganged up' on me (lol) being unable to drive because I'm a mere female, and one poster who seemed to follow me from thread to thread belittling every thing I said.

I do like to discuss things but find that I'm the type that can't cope with nasty comments that I know wouldn't be said to my face, but seem to be considered OK by 'some' posters.

Other than that (!) I enjoy reading other's opinions and making my mind up on a variety of issues that I wouldn't usually be interested in.

i can understand how you feel i think we can all be a bit sensitive sometimes.

there are some threads that are quite off-putting.i try to stay clear of the aggressive posts.

I don't subscribe because I hate the email spam it causes, especially if it is a popular thread....

as for replies, i'll read it, and if I have some input that's not already been covered, then i'll reply, but if it has already been covered then I don't see a point :)

Depends on the thread too....

i can understand though how someone could feel that if they were the only one with a certain opinion and all other posters disagreed they could then feel as if everyone were ganging up on them.------we're a funny lot arn't we.

Archived