A bit puzzled about sheffield forum

brimming with experts?

it would be a boring forum if it was always brimming with experts.

my experience is that there are a variety of types.

seems to me it is brimming with these :loopy:and these :rant:quite often ...and i might add i do not completely exclude myself from those categories.

Yeah i was gonna add one of these :rolleyes: to the post but i find there overused :D

My Dead Wasp thread was a bit of a surprise to me.

I didn't really imagine it to last very long on here as although It started off as a serious subject, it rapidly evolved into a pretty popular joke thread with some brilliant contributions.

Up to date (although the last post was a month ago), it's got over 25,000 views but only just over 800 posts.

I guess this is because people just liked reading the thread rather than commenting on it, which is fine by me ... it was a good laugh and obviously kept many people entertained! :D

(I very early on sourced 10,000 dead wasps and will be utilising them over the winter period)

Sometimes I don't post because I'm not interested enough in the subject matter to comment on it - or because I don't know enough about it but like to read the comments in case I learn something new, interesting or informative (I know, I still believe in Father Christmas as well)

Sometimes I don't post because someone has already said what I was going to say - as someone has already said

Sometimes I don't post because I just can't be bothered to get involved in the pointless arguments

Sometimes I post because I can be bothered to get involved in the pointless arguments

Sometimes I don't post because I'm bored with it

Sometimes I post because I'm bored

Sometimes I start to say something but forget what point I

Sometimes I start to say something and just lose interest half wa

why do so many people view the threads,but choose not to subscibe or post any replies.

How do they know they want to reply, until they've read the thread?

---even though there might be topics they are interested in.

Correct, *might* be interested in, then you read the contents of the thread and realise you aren't.

What I'm puzzled about is why this isn't self evident? Must you pass comment on everything you read?

How do they know they want to reply, until they've read the thread?

Correct, *might* be interested in, then you read the contents of the thread and realise you aren't.

What I'm puzzled about is why this isn't self evident? Must you pass comment on everything you read?

good point-------ouch

Archived