Sheffield forum EU vote

EU vote yes to stay no to go  

65 members have voted

1. 1. EU vote yes to stay no to go

• Yes
    • No

3rd option of "stay in the trading bloc, but not be part of the political bloc" perhaps

That's not an option. The UK could leave the EU and join the EEA like Norway. But we'd be bound by the same rules nevertheless. If we want to have the trade we have to play by the rules.

I voted yes. The UK won't withdraw whatever some people demand but I enjoy the debate because the europhobes are left foaming at the mouth in a battle they can't win. These people are still living in the 19th century, talking about Britain being "great" again and being "independent" without defining what that means.

I also notice they never call for independence from NATO, the WTO, US influence, etc. UKIP and the BNP even call for stronger ties with the US to counter loss of trade with the EU. So much for independence. So much for British nationalism.

I love Europe, the EEC, the Common Market - call it what you want I love it and would love stronger links, ties and co-operation between us - we should have joined the Euro years ago - if only because of all the upset and anguish it seems to cause so many posters on here

That's not an option. The UK could leave the EU and join the EEA like Norway. But we'd be bound by the same rules nevertheless. If we want to have the trade we have to play by the rules.

I voted yes. The UK won't withdraw whatever some people demand but I enjoy the debate because the europhobes are left foaming at the mouth in a battle they can't win. These people are still living in the 19th century, talking about Britain being "great" again and being "independent" without defining what that means.

I also notice they never call for independence from NATO, the WTO, US influence, etc. UKIP and the BNP even call for stronger ties with the US to counter loss of trade with the EU. So much for independence. So much for British nationalism.

I think it's the fact that we pay billions to the EU and get nothing back.

Archived