Sheffield forum EU vote

EU vote yes to stay no to go  

65 members have voted

1. 1. EU vote yes to stay no to go

• Yes
    • No

3rd option of "stay in the trading bloc, but not be part of the political bloc" perhaps

Would that even be possible, since the EU is now a federal style political union, not just a free trade area?

They won't ever do a partial membership option, because as soon as they do that, more and more would follow suit, and that would be the end of the Franco-German dream of their centrally controlled superstate.

Many people have not got the concept of Europe.

When we went to France, people were still buying fish and chips. They should have been buying frogs legs.

I think thats why the polititians are not sure if people have got the concept of Europe and so won't give the vote

Would that even be possible, since the EU is now a federal style political union, not just a free trade area?

They won't ever do a partial membership option, because as soon as they do that, more and more would follow suit, and that would be the end of the Franco-German dream of their

centrally controlled superstate.

Yes. A well-known German politician, of Austrian descent, tried a similar scheme 1933-1945...

40 votes and opt out of Europe just edging it... Isn't it possible to do trade without changing laws? Do we really need a European parliament? Can't all countries be part of Europe but make there own laws? Isn't the long term aim of Europe to become a world superpower? Isn't Europe mostly supported by by "left wing nutjobs" isn't a world superpower what political left campaign against so much?????

A third option of what? I was going to put the option "I'm not sure" but you don't get that option at the ballot box so couldn't see the point so it's simply yes or no unless anyone can think of a valid "other" option

In a referendum, you can select both options, thus spoiling your paper. There is very much a third option.

The very fact that they oppose EU membership is a good enough reason for me to vote yes.

Can you not think for yourself? I'm what you probably would class as right wing but I sometimes agree with the guardian and sometimes disagree with the daily mail... It's called making your own mind up and not just going against something because it's the daily mail.... Typical left wing, smelly, unwashed, brainless, let's support the underdog, hippy, tree hugging, latte drinking, I'm anti everything the goverment does if my student mates are following IDIOT is what I'd call you

Archived