Could all life be alien to this planet?

If science as we understand it is correct, everything in the universe came from one tiny point around 14 billion years ago. Therefore, aliens would be more like distant relatives rather than, well, er ... aliens.

It actually went in to the big bang for a while. It suggested that nothing actually went bang, everything just 'came in to existence'. Similar to the way that steam turns solid when it cools down.

I struggle to get my head around the big bang theories at the best of times. He did keep on saying 'as we understand it at this moment'. I don't think we will have any answer to this one for a long time yet.

It actually went in to the big bang for a while. It suggested that nothing actually went bang, everything just 'came in to existence'.

The "Big Bang" name was actually given as a mocking, derogatory name for a hypothesis with no evidence and no credibility. It was only many years later that evidence turned up and it became an established theory, and by then the name had stuck.

I was watching a program the other day and, during it, they showed a cross cut section of a meteorite. They found the usual stuff in there such as Iron and Carbon but they also found amino acids.

Since amino acids are thought to have been the very first building blocks of all life on Earth, i was wondering if we might have actually arrived on a comet and are in fact, to a certain extent, aliens on this planet. Would we have the right to claim this is our planet if an alien race were to land here in the future?

Any alien with a scrap of common sense would avoid this planet like the plague.

What evidence is that?

Chiefly, microwave radiation left over from the occurrence.

A group of scientists were busily working out what frequency of radiation would be left behind, if the "Big Bang" had actually occurred; once they had calculated it, they were just about to start looking for it when another team of scientists got in touch with them saying that they were receiving mysterious radiation from every point in the Universe at one particularly frequency, and could anyone think of an explanation for it.

The frequency of radiation they were receiving was exactly, to the letter, what the calculations said should be found as a Big Bang aftermath. Once that was established, all other hypotheses bounced into the dustbin.

Chiefly, microwave radiation left over from the occurrence.

A group of scientists were busily working out what frequency of radiation would be left behind, if the "Big Bang" had actually occurred; once they had calculated it, they were just about to start looking for it when another team of scientists got in touch with them saying that they were receiving mysterious radiation from every point in the Universe at one particularly frequency, and could anyone think of an explanation for it.

The frequency of radiation they were receiving was exactly, to the letter, what the calculations said should be found as a Big Bang aftermath. Once that was established, all other hypotheses bounced into the dustbin.

That is interesting but doesn't it only confirm something happened at the same point in time throughout the universe. It doesn't actually explain the big bang, or should i say, what went bang.

I think it is becoming clearer exactly what happened after the initial 'bang' and your information above does agree with what i watched (although they used light to determine time scales etc, instead of radiation).

That is interesting but doesn't it only confirm something happened at the same point in time throughout the universe. It doesn't actually explain the big bang, or should i say, what went bang.

Nothing went bang. Time and space didn't exist until after that point, so talking about where it happened and what caused it is entirely meaningless.

Nothing went bang. Time and space didn't exist until after that point, so talking about where it happened and what caused it is entirely meaningless.

It isn't meaningless. If it was meaningless there would be no one trying to figure it out. If you accept that space and time didn't exist, you are surely going over the lines of divine intervention are you not?

Archived