Could all life be alien to this planet?

Of course it has a cause and a reason, just like everything else does. Why wouldn't it?

Creation is what it is, there can be no alternative causes, there can be no alternative reasons. The only thing I can expect to alter is my understanding of it.

Because sooner or later you have no choice but to except that something can exist without cause or creator.

You have already accepted it is beyond your comprehension so why keep going on about it

If it’s beyond your comprehension how you can say it is implausible for the universe to exist without a cause.

:confused: I'm saying it's beyond human comprehension. I'm also saying that it's implausible for any human to claim the universe can exist without cause or reason simply because we (humans) can't fathom what could have created it.

:confused: I'm saying it's beyond human comprehension. I'm also saying that it's implausible for any human to claim the universe can exist without cause or reason simply because we (humans) can't fathom what could have created it.

It’s obviously beyond your comprehension, which leave you unqualified to speak on behalf of the whole of humanity.

All we can say is that the evidence we currently have supports our hypothesis.

Scientists are more than happy to accept that when new evidence that comes to light it changes the way they look at the universe. Just look at excitement the suggestion that mass may be able to travel faster than the speed of light has stirred up.

But until then they'll presume that their assumptions are correct?

Because sooner or later you have no choice but to except that something can exist without cause or creator.

You have already accepted it is beyond your comprehension so why keep going on about it

For the same reason anyone goes on about it?

The same reason you're still harping been on about it I would have thought?

But until then they'll presume that their assumptions are correct?

Who mentioned assumptions? That insinuates that all scientists do is think up theories. Testing these theories is far more important in science, thinking up a hypothesis is only the very start of the process.

All we can do is interpret the universe with the information we have, and then vigourously test these interpretations. The more information we gain, the more we understand the universe. It's a never ending process.

It’s obviously beyond your comprehension, which leave you unqualified to speak on behalf of the whole of humanity.

How I see, so it's me who's failing to understand it is it?

OK then, I'll ask of you what I ask of Jehovah's witnesses when they start talking down to me.

If your failure to convert me frustrates you, why don't you convince me?

Archived