Could all life be alien to this planet?

But you're neglecting to mention that argument one has two variable possibilities .

One A: If things can exist without cause, then we're done. The universe can exist without cause. There's nothing to discuss.

One B: If things can exist without cause, the creator could exist without cause. Would you care to discuss?.

The second of those is not a variant of the first. It's case three; invoking a Creator to explain the Universe's existence, which is unnecessary because you've already accepted that things do not have to have a cause.

The second of those is not a variant of the first. It's case three; invoking a Creator to explain the Universe's existence, which is unnecessary because you've already accepted that things do not have to have a cause.
The second variant becomes unnecessary only when you accept that all of creation must have sprang into existence without cause or reason. As Iv'e said many times before- I don't believe in the biblical God, but I strongly believe that there's an entity at work that's far greater than myself. Some refer to this entity as God, whereas I refer to it as nature/creation.

The second variant becomes unnecessary only when you accept that all of creation must have sprang into existence without cause or reason. As Iv'e said many times before- I don't believe in the biblical God, but I strongly believe that there's an entity at work that's far greater than myself. Some refer to this entity as God, whereas I refer to it as nature/creation.

Why do you think there as to be a creator but think the creator doesn’t need a creator?

And if you can accept that the creator doesn’t need a creator why can’t you accept that the universe doesn’t need a creator?

Why do you think there as to be a creator but think the creator doesn’t need a creator?

And if you can accept that the creator doesn’t need a creator why can’t you accept that the universe doesn’t need a creator?

I haven't actually claimed that either of the two could exist without a creator. What I've been doing is demonstrating why 'the "no cause" theory is no more plausible than the creationist argument'.

I can't comprehend the cause of either of them, which has been my position all along.

Archived