Could all life be alien to this planet?

You seem to have changed your mind, if nothing existed before the big bang then there was nothing to cause it. That contradicts your earlier posts in which you claimed it had a cause that you can’t comprehend.

It's you that's changed your mind. You're the one who is now claiming that the big bang theory states that something existed before the big bang. ie. an infinite universe.

The only reason I mentioned the premise of the big bang theory is because your version of it was inconsistent with the premise of actual theory. (the one that claims the universe has no cause) Remember???

It's you that's changed your mind. You're the one who is now claiming that the big bang theory states that something existed before the big bang. ie. an infinite universe.

The only reason I mentioned the premise of the big bang theory is because your version of it was inconsistent with the premise of actual theory. (the one that claims the universe has no cause) Remember???

From my first post I have claimed the universe is infinite with no beginning, no end and no cause, your brought the big bang theory up, which if it happened was just an event in the infinite universe.

From my first post I have claimed the universe is infinite with no beginning, no end and no cause, your brought the big bang theory up, which if it happened was just an event in the infinite universe.
So what existed before the big bang?

Assuming the big bang happened our perception of time and space would be expanding into the universe.

The big bang did happen, that's a given. what I want to establish is why you think theorists believe time and space is expending into preexisting time and space.

The big bang did happen, that's a given. what I want to establish is why you think theorists believe time and space is expending into preexisting time and space.

The big bang is not a certainty, it’s the best and most probable theory much of which has been proven but not conclusively.

What they know it that our observable universe is expanding and cooling so they deduce that it had exploded from a single point, the problem is that it doesn’t appear to be expanding from one single point. They know there is back ground radiation which would supports the big bang but that could also be the residual effects of the previous expansion and collapse.

There was an initial rapid expansion which slowed but then increased again causing a problem for the theory, so they came up with dark matter to account for it.

The big bang is not a certainty, it’s the best and most probable theory much of which has been proven but not conclusively.
There's enough evidence to convince me.

If the universe is expanding, it must have been smaller yesterday than it is now. The further back we go, the smaller it would be; so at some point the universe must have been a minuscule, highly compressed ball of matter that began to expanded.

Posted by MrSmith

What they know it that our observable universe is expanding and cooling so they deduce that it had exploded from a single point, the problem is that it doesn’t appear to be expanding from one single point.

That's right, the expansion is uniform throughout the universe, the temperature is also, meaning- the outer regions of the universe are no cooler than the inner regions of the universe.

Posted by MrSmith

They know there is back ground radiation which would supports the big bang but that could also be the residual effects of the previous expansion and collapse.

There was an initial rapid expansion which slowed but then increased again causing a problem for the theory, so they came up with dark matter to account for it.

I thought the rapid expansion led to the inflation theory?

That's not the theory. The theory is that nothing (that means no molecules, no atoms... nothing) existed before the big bang. It was void of anything that is anything.

If the universe is expanding, it must have been smaller yesterday than it is now. The further back we go, the smaller it would be; so at some point the universe must have been a minuscule, highly compressed ball of matter that began to expanded.

You need to make your mind up was there nothing before the big bang? Or was there minuscule, highly compressed ball of matter before the big bang?

Archived