Could all life be alien to this planet?

You need to make your mind up was there nothing before the big bang? Or was there minuscule, highly compressed ball of matter before the big bang?
There was a singularity that expanded and is still expanding. This is the big bang theory. I accept the big bang theory.. what's confusing you?

The fact that you keep changing your mind about what you believe.

Changed my mind about what? I've been saying throughout this thread that I can't comprehend how the universe could exist without cause, that's still my position.

I never said the big bang couldn't have happened. I accept that the big bang happened due to the expanding universe being the aftermath of it.

What I'm unable to comprehend is how the universe could exist without cause.

You seem to be under the impression that I've contradicted myself by identifying the singularity as being the cause of the universe, which is a little strange considering that the highly compressed singularity was the universe before it expanded. They're one in the same.

Changed my mind about what? I've been saying throughout this thread that I can't comprehend how the universe could exist without cause, that's still my position.

I never said the big bang couldn't have happened. I accept that the big bang happened due to the expanding universe being the aftermath of it.

What I'm unable to comprehend is how the universe could exist without cause.

You seem to be under the impression that I've contradicted myself by identifying the singularity as being the cause of the universe, which is a little strange considering that the highly compressed singularity was the universe before it expanded. They're one in the same.

So after all this debating it appears we just about agree, there is just the small difference whereby you say the universe is the result of the singularity and I say that if the singularity existed it must have been part of the existing universe, because the universe is defined as everything that exists.

So after all this debating it appears we just about agree, there is just the small difference whereby you say the universe is the result of the singularity and I say that if the singularity existed it must have been part of the existing universe, because the universe is defined as everything that exists.
The universe is the aftermath of the big bang. (the big bang is the singularity that is expanding) The theory on the "Big bang" is that the singularity is not contained within anything else, there was nothing else that existed before the singularity sprang into existence, no infinite universe.. NOTHING!!

The universe is the aftermath of the big bang. (the big bang is the singularity that is expanding) The theory on the "Big bang" is that the singularity is not contained within anything else, there was nothing else that existed before the singularity sprang into existence, no infinite universe.. NOTHING!!

You've changed your mind again, you have already said everything must have a cause and now claim the singularity sprang into existence from nothing.

You've changed your mind again, you have already said everything must have a cause and now claim the singularity sprang into existence from nothing.

I thought you said you're able to comprehend the theory?

I'm not claiming that the singularity sprang into existence from nothing. I'm telling you that the current theory claims the singularity sprang into existence from nothing.

I'll type slowly this time, maybe this'll make it register.

Theorists (not me, theorists) claim that nothing existed before the big bang. By nothing, they mean- no molecules, no protons, no time, no space, no infinite universe..... NOTHING!!!

I'm not claiming that the singularity sprang into existence from nothing. I'm telling you that the current theory claims the singularity sprang into existence from nothing.

Theorists (not me, theorists) claim that nothing existed before the big bang. By nothing, they mean- no molecules, no protons, no time, no space, no infinite universe..... NOTHING!!!

It's not that long ago since the world's greatest theorists were sure that the atom was indivisible, and before that they were sure we only had 4 elements, so I'd take it all with a pinch of Earth.

It's not that long ago since the world's greatest theorists were sure that the atom was indivisible, and before that they were sure we only had 4 elements, so I'd take it all with a pinch of Earth.

I do. It's others that accept "scientific theory" as being fact until proved otherwise.

My debate is with you, I’m telling you what I think, what do you think. I know what different theorists think but I’m not debating with them.

Archived