Could all life be alien to this planet?

I’m talking about an infinite universe in which all matter and energy have existed for an infinite time, where gravitational forces shape and change the universe and matter is constantly changing to energy and energy to matter.

A universe which doesn't require a God, mystical entity, or something appearing spontaneously from nothing to justify its existence.

An infinite universe where gravitational forces constantly shape and change energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to?................. Wait a minute, if the energy to matter conversion is cyclical, there would need to be a beginning and an end to the process of transition, which would mean one of the two phases of transition would have had to occur first so the other could follow, otherwise, your theory falls into the Infinite regressive loop that plagues the creationists argument.

MYTH BUSTED!

An infinite universe where gravitational forces constantly shape and change energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to matter, energy to?................. Wait a minute, if the energy to matter conversion is cyclical, there would need to be a beginning and an end to the process of transition, which would mean one of the two phases of transition would have had to occur first so the other could follow, otherwise, your theory falls into the Infinite regressive loop that plagues the creationists argument.

MYTH BUSTED!

It’s your limited comprehension you are unable to comprehend infinity so you invoke a GOD, Infinity has no beginning or end.

It’s your limited comprehension you are unable to comprehend infinity so you invoke a GOD, Infinity has no beginning or end.
My comprehension may be limited but your imagination knows no limit.

Can you not comprehend that Infinity isn't real, it's abstract, it's just a word.

Can you not comprehend that Infinity isn't real, it's abstract, it's just a word.

Or to quote the great mathematician David Hilbert:

The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite...is solely that of an idea.

Thankyou for the complimant.

Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge.

For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

The human imagination is one of our most valuable resources”. Indeed imagination is limitless.

Thankyou for the complimant.

Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge.

For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

The human imagination is one of our most valuable resources”. Indeed imagination is limitless.

Quote]- "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Guess who said that?

Quote]- "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Guess who said that?

Resorting to insults isn’t a good demonstration of intelligence.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/

We now know that the universe is flat with only a 0.5% margin of error. This suggests that the Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Universe. All we can truly conclude is that the Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.

Science isn't exactly discounting my ideas yet.

Guess who said that?

It was clearly posted as an insult, but did Einstein say it, probably not.

Did Einstein really say "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."?

Quote Investigator:

Probably not, but there is some evidence, and QI can tell you why the quote is attributed to Einstein. The story begins in the 1940s when the influential Gestalt therapist Frederick S. Perls wrote a book titled “Ego, Hunger, and Aggression: a Revision of Freud’s Theory and Method.”

This book contains the earliest version of the quotation that QI has located. It occurs in a chapter called “Hunger Instinct” [EIN1]:

Furthermore, this impatient, greedy attitude is responsible more than anything else for the excessive stupidity we find in the world. Just as such people have no patience to chew up real food, so they do not take sufficient time to “chew up” mental food.

As modern times promote hasty eating to a large extent, it is not surprising to learn that a great astronomer said: “Two things are infinite, as far as we know – the universe and human stupidity.” To-day we know that this statement is not quite correct. Einstein has proved that the universe is limited.

The quote is attributed to “a great astronomer.” The theories of Einstein did have important astronomical implications, but it is odd to label him an astronomer. Also, the subsequent comment by Perls depicts Einstein’s results disagreeing with the quotation. However, it is conceivable that Perls is referring to Einstein. On page 86 of the book Perls discusses astronomy and credits Einstein with advances in the field [EIN1]:

I didn't say it, Einstein said it.

I don't see what supports your idea.

This suggests that the Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Universe. All we can truly conclude is that the Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.

The fact they claim the universe is infinite just like me and they can only observe a finite volume of it, which I have said and they conclude it is much larger than the volume they can observe, which is obvious.

Although it doesn't prove anything it also doesn't discredit my idea, so it is possible.

Archived