Could all life be alien to this planet?

Do you know why the universe is flat? I assume you do but I'll tell you all the same. It's because a in flat universe, the total amount of energy would be precisely zero. Because gravity can have negative energy which balances out the positive energy of matter. So what's so special about a universe with total energy zero I hear you ask? well, only such a universe can begin from nothing.

Mathematically speaking that is.

I don't know that it is flat.

I don't know that either, but Stephen Hawking and many prominent scientists agree with me that it could be.
:hihi::hihi: Yeah well, I'd agree with you in thinking that it might be. I just don't agree with your earlier assertion that "infinite" is all it can be.

Just to reiterate my position on this, I don't believe in God in the biblical sense, I don't believe that there's a deity that watches over us either. I simply believe (sense) that there's a purpose to nature; when I say "nature", I don't simply mean trees losing their leaves in autumn, I'm talking about all of creation.

As I said many pages ago- Everybody has a theory on what the universe might be, but no one is able to give a comprehensive explanation that completely satisfies intellect.

In relation to the scale of the universe and our place within it, mankind is nothing more than a egocentric microorganism that's become so self absorbed in the splendor of it's own magnificence, it's no longer capable of recognizing that in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing more than a microorganism.

I suppose it’s my lack of imagination that leaves me unable to comprehend anything other than a causeless infinite universe. It’s the only way I can comprehend it without leaving unanswerable questions.

I just cannot get my head round a finite universe; to me it’s as implausible as there being nothing outside our solar system.

Going back to sciences new theory, how the hell can you have a flat infinite universe, to me it could only be infinite along two of its dimensions with the other dimension being finite, and if one dimension is finite it leaves me with the unanswerable question what’s on the other side.

I listened to a physicist talking about the flat infinite universe and she claimed its infinite in all dimensions but flat, that went way over my head, she even theorised multiple infinite universe which I can get my head round.

I don't even have a problem with infinate infinate universes. How wiered is that.:)

I suppose it’s my lack of imagination that leaves me unable to comprehend anything other than a causeless infinite universe. It’s the only way I can comprehend it without leaving unanswerable questions.

I just cannot get my head round a finite universe; to me it’s as implausible as there being nothing outside our solar system.

Going back to sciences new theory, how the hell can you have a flat infinite universe, to me it could only be infinite along two of its dimensions with the other dimension being finite, and if one dimension is finite it leaves me with the unanswerable question what’s on the other side.

I listened to a physicist talking about the flat infinite universe and she claimed its infinite in all dimensions but flat, that went way over my head, she even theorised multiple infinite universe which I can get my head round.

I don't even have a problem with infinate infinate universes. How wiered is that.:)

I suppose a causeless infinite universe has to be the easiest theory to accept as it requires no thought and doesn't need explaining. Infinity is infinity and causeless is causeless.. that's the theory.

As I said, I'm struggling to comprehend it.

I suppose a causeless infinite universe has to be the easiest theory to accept as it requires no thought and doesn't need explaining. Infinity is infinity and causeless is causeless.. that's the theory.

As I said, I'm struggling to comprehend it.

Are you saying I'm too stupid to understand anything else?. :D

Are you saying I'm too stupid to understand anything else?. :D

Not at all.

If there were such a thing as infinity, it could only exist in a metaphysical plane; not a physical one. So maybe Ickey is right after all, perhaps we are consciousness having a physical experience. :|

Not at all.

If there were such a thing as infinity, it could only exist in a metaphysical plane; not a physical one. So maybe Ickey is right after all, perhaps we are consciousness having a physical experience. :|

If something exists and it cannot be described in terms of one or more of the five senses, then it is part of the metaphysical plane. Nothing exists on the physical plane and the universe contains vast amounts of it, you can’t touch, taste, smell, see or hear it, so nothing is also part of the metaphysical plane so can be infinite.

Infinity describes a thing as having no end, no limit, no boundary or edge; if the universe isn’t infinite then it as a boundary or edge, if something hits this boundary or edge and crosses it, it would cease to exist. The universe contains everything that exists so there can be no existence outside even nothing can’t exist outside the universe but nothing can be infinite.

Time exists on physical plane and must also exist on a metaphysical plane so can also be infinite.

Archived