Could all life be alien to this planet?

You're really going to have to point me in the direction of the cosmologists who say that and their research papers where they back it up.

jb

So you're not familiar with the big bang theory? And I take it you've never heard of Richard Dawkins? Do you know what dark energy is, or why it's there? Can you say with absolute certainty that dark energy is a product of the big bang? because the likes of Richard Dawkins can.

So you're not familiar with the big bang theory? And I take it you've never heard of Richard Dawkins? Do you know what dark energy is, or why it's there? Can you say with absolute certainty that dark energy is a product of the big bang? because the likes of Richard Dawkins can.

Dark energy is a product of bad science as it is needed to balance the equations as without it they fail. Something was missing to make them work so dark energy and dark matter were invented.

So you're not familiar with the big bang theory?

Yes I am. It does not say the universe came from nothing.

And I take it you've never heard of Richard Dawkins?

Yes I'm quite familiar with him, I've even read one of his books. It was about evolutionary biology though, not cosmology. This is unsurprising as he is an evolutionary biologist and not a cosmologist.

Do you know what dark energy is, or why it's there?

I know what it's for. Last I looked no one really new what it is.

Can you say with absolute certainty that dark energy is a product of the big bang? because the likes of Richard Dawkins can.

That's how the theory goes. Not surprised RW says so, he probably asked a cosmologist.

jb

Yes I am. It does not say the universe came from nothing.
Yes it does. Never heard of quantum fluctuations?

Posted by Barleycorn

Yes I'm quite familiar with him, I've even read one of his books. It was about evolutionary biology though, not cosmology. This is unsurprising as he is an evolutionary biologist and not a cosmologist.

You're quite right, he isn't a cosmologist, nonetheless, this has never prevented him using the argument of those who are cosmologists to discredit the creationist argument.

Posted by Barleycorn

I know what it's for. Last I looked no one really new what it is.

That's right. No one has the foggiest idea what it is or whether it was created by the big bang or whether it already existed, yet cosmologists (and Richard Dawkins) are in mutual agreement that nothing existed before the big bang and that quantum fluctuations could create the universe from nothing.

Posted by Barleycorn

That's how the theory goes. Not surprised RW says so, he probably asked a cosmologist.

jb

He did. Laurence Krauss to be precise.

quantum fluctuations could create the universe from nothing.

But that only depends on whether the theories of quantum mechanics and quantum fluctuations are proven correct. I suppose it would also mean that time must have already been in place for those fluctuation to exist in the first place.

But that only depends on whether the theories of quantum mechanics and quantum fluctuations are proven correct. I suppose it would also mean that time must have already been in place for those fluctuation to exist in the first place.
Try telling that to the intellectuals among us.

Time is a product of this Universe. It cannot have existed when the Universe did not.

Archived