The Grim Reality of Working in an Animal Rescue Centre

I just think mutilating pets to make them more acceptable is cruel, obviously I'm in the minority.

If humans don't find these animals attractive/lovable/suitable then i suppose the best solution is to just gas them ?

I just think mutilating pets to make them more acceptable is cruel, obviously I'm in the minority.

If humans don't find these animals attractive/lovable/suitable then i suppose the best solution is to just gas them ?

If that is what was being done then you would be right, however it isn't and you aren't!:hihi:

they go to people who are happy to have an unmutilated pet, probably men.

But nobody who'd given serious thought to the animal's welfare would want an entire tom, as Medusa's pointed out several times.

My dog's spayed - or mutilated, if you prefer - and I like it like that because it improves her quality of life in numerous ways, including but not limited to reducing her risk of various cancers.

Does it matter where the forummer is based ? The principal is still the same , dogs are being cast aside and being destroyed because they are not wanted . These poor animals are having their lives cut short because of humans behaviour . The opening post is a very sobering thought to people that care ! !!!!

Wrong, the OP points something out that yeah we all (I hope) feel is wrong however his is having a dig at breeders in particular why not owners themselves? and I know plenty of dog breeders that are great, even non KC ones! yes they might be rogue ones about but that's life, there are also people that harm kids too, the worlds not perfect.

It was taken by an American article that has no relevance to the UK, I feel relevant facts should be posted that has relevance to this country before we can open a debate.

My opinion is the OP has a problem with breeders.

Wrong, the OP points something out that yeah we all (I hope) feel is wrong however his is having a dig at breeders in particular why not owners themselves? and I know plenty of dog breeders that are great, even non KC ones! yes they might be rogue ones about but that's life, there are also people that harm kids too, the worlds not perfect.

It was taken by an American article that has no relevance to the UK, I feel relevant facts should be posted that has relevance to this country before we can open a debate.

My opinion is the OP has a problem with breeders.

So we cannot debate anything that is not in the uk ? What a strange concept :loopy:

I had cats when I was a child -pets and good friends.

I've owned dogs for many years (since I was an adult.)

My dogs have always been a 'part of my family' but eventually I got interested enough to learn about them and I realised just how little I knew.

I am a human male. My wife and my (adult) son know that.

My dogs don't. - And until I bothered to learn how they think, I didn't realise they don't.

As far as my dogs are concerned, I am the Alpha male - the pack leader.

They know that they do not leave the lair before me. - I'm the pack leader, I go first.

Nor do they enter the lair before me - Again, I'm the pack leader, I go first.

They pee when I let them (the pack must stay together to avoid predation) and they poop when I let them. (Same reason.)

I don't always get it right - when they do something wrong, it's my fault - I am the pack leader.

It's a difficult job, at times.

But if you're going to keep a dog, you ought to learn what you have to do.

You ought to learn to think like a dog. They're not humans and there's no way they're going to think like you.

Unless, of course, you're prepared to have a happy little wagging tailed minor telling all his/her friends (s)he's taking a plonker for a walk.

(And I see this every day:hihi::hihi::hihi:)

Who is taking who for a walk?

Archived