Broad Elms School ex pupils

Did anyone go to or teach at Broad elms School between 1989 and 1994? If so please post!

Teachers I can remember;

Mrs Mclean, Mrs West, Mrs Stewart, Mrs Stevenson, Mr Taylor, Mr Greenwood, Mr Elliot, Mrs Lockwood, Mrs Stallard, Mrs Boothe

Students I can remember (I won't mention surnames for privacy)

Nicky, John, Luke, 2 Stephens, 2 Richards, 3 Andrews, Sharleen, Sarah, Jonathan.

If I have forgotten anyone I appologise. Please post any other names.

Hi,

My mum taught at your school and I remember Charlene from the few times I helped out there in the holidays, she was in her class for a year. I'll let her know you put a posting up, reackon she'd love to know what you're up to.

Hi, she was Mrs Alford. I don't think she had that long a contract but she taught the two Richards and Charlene, I forget the names of the others. If you're called Curt then I reckon your name is familiar too. I remember she took her class to the sea side once.

I think they're planning to close the school down now which is a real shame.

What are you doing now?

I spent the last 3 years of my secondary education at hinde house school. The next three years where spent at the sheffield college where two of those were on the AVCE science course. Now I am working and hope to study nursing september 2004. I actually applied for this coming year but applied a little late leaving me on the clearance list where there are no places available for sheffield. The name is Curtis!

I vagely remember your mother. Was she filling in for Mrs West? I seem to remember a time where Mrs West was off ill and we had a supply teacher I think.

Yes, I think she may have filled in for Mrs West, I'll have to ask. I'm sure she was there about a year though.

Sounds like you've been doing pretty well. My friend is a nurse at the Hallamshire. He loves the job, says it can be really hard work, he works some weird hours but finds it very rewarding.

It might work out well working for a year before you start the course, you might be able to save some cash to prepare for being a student!

Have fun.

• 5 years later...
Did anyone go to or teach at Broad elms School between 1989 and 1994? If so please post!

Teachers I can remember;

Mrs Mclean, Mrs West, Mrs Stewart, Mrs Stevenson, Mr Taylor, Mr Greenwood, Mr Elliot, Mrs Lockwood, Mrs Stallard, Mrs Boothe

Students I can remember (I won't mention surnames for privacy)

Nicky, John, Luke, 2 Stephens, 2 Richards, 3 Andrews, Sharleen, Sarah, Jonathan.

If I have forgotten anyone I appologise. Please post any other names.

matthew mountjoy

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...