How often do you cook?

I enjoy cooking and was taught from a young age so I don't find it too difficult, but sometimes, after a long hard day, it's the last thing I feel like doing. I cook maybe 4 times a week, the other couple days I'll have whatever's left from the day before and, maybe once a week get a takeaway.

How often do you cook?

I cook about 6 days a week. The other one day we eat leftovers, have a takeaway or go out to eat, or I persuade my OH to cook instead. He can cook but he doesn't really like doing it, so when he's trying to get out of cooking he usually prefers to order a takeout instead.

I like cooking but it's a bit of a pain when it's just for one. I tend to make stuff that I can freeze in individual portions ... lasagne, shepherds pie etc for midweek meals and push the boat out at weekends.

Just finished making cream of nasturtium soup this morning ... dead yummy with home made bread!

Time of year for the slow cooker to come out and make some stew methinks! (and dumplings!) :)

I cook breakfast every morning for him and myself. I rarely bother at lunchtime and usually manage with a baguette or a snack.

Evenings I always cook a proper meal. The exceptions would be nights where we dine out or dine with friends. About once every 2/3 weeks we host a dinner party, and I have to confess that I'm not the greatest at it. I use the same ideas as my friends but they just seem to put it all together in a more competent and edible way.

Cook everything from scratch more or less every day. The exceptions being the odd takeaway and going out for meals. Ready meals are not allowed in my house.

jb

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.:)

Archived