Can you remember Sheffield in the 1980's?

Ben91

If you can remember Sheffield in the 1980's and want to share your experiences then this is a great opportunity for you to get involved in!

My name is Ben and I am an undergraduate at the university of Sheffield currently taking part in the Witness Oral History project focusing on collecting peoples memories of Sheffield in the 1980's.

In particular my area of research is the significance of sport in Sheffield in the 1980's to the citizens.

There is a website but unfortunately due to the rules of the forum I am not currently allowed to post web links, however if you google Sheffield University Witness Oral History project there is plenty of information on there (our website is the third one down at the time of posting), and I will amend this post as soon as I am allowed to include web links.

If anyone has a passion for this subject and wants to record their views on this subject then please contact me via my email

hia10bh@sheffield.ac.uk

If you want to take part in the project it would involve one, or a series of recorded interviews taking place and then being published online and a report being written about it later

(if you are interested but have concerns there is a section on ethical guidelines we will be following on the witness website)

Thank you,

Ben Hayes

If you can remember Sheffield in the 1980's and want to share your experiences then this is a great opportunity for you to get involved in!

My name is Ben and I am an undergraduate at the university of Sheffield currently taking part in the Witness Oral History project focusing on collecting peoples memories of Sheffield in the 1980's.

In particular my area of research is the significance of sport in Sheffield in the 1980's to the citizens.

There is a website but unfortunately due to the rules of the forum I am not currently allowed to post web links, however if you google Sheffield University Witness Oral History project there is plenty of information on there (our website is the third one down at the time of posting), and I will amend this post as soon as I am allowed to include web links.

If anyone has a passion for this subject and wants to record their views on this subject then please contact me via my email

hia10bh@sheffield.ac.uk

If you want to take part in the project it would involve one, or a series of recorded interviews taking place and then being published online and a report being written about it later

(if you are interested but have concerns there is a section on ethical guidelines we will be following on the witness website)

Thank you,

Ben Hayes

hia10bh@sheffield.ac.uk

Thank you,

Ben Hayes

I don't think sport held any more significance for the citizens of Sheffield in the eighties (or any other decade) than it did for the citizens of other cities. There has been a gradual decline in both the watching of and the participation in sport that probably started at the end of the fifties but this decline has been nationwide.

P

G

Archived