Pounds to euros

Out of the cashpoint when you get there, your cashpoint/credit card will work in just about any cashpoint over there.

I agree. So long as you withdraw more than £100 this is the most economic way of buying Euros. I've looked into this as I travel to Europe a lot due to my work and cashpoint withdrawals of greater than £100 are the most economic way to exchange money.

I used to take cash at the ATM abroad but am with Nat west and they changed their cards to visa debit. I discovered this now means I have a charge to pay every time I use it abroad ( think it was £4.50) irrespective of how much I take out.

Not impressed- so check if your bank will charge. If so M & S take some beating.

Enjoy Amsterdam!

dont use your card abroad without checkin what your bank is going to charge (they may rip you off) strangley enough marks and spencer give a better rate than any bank.And the best travel insurance to. Another no no is the bureau de change at ports and airports keep well away from them.

Archived