Pounds to euros

American Express in the town centre have beaten M&S and travelex for months. They have the daily rate for M&S on their window, showing that they'll beat them.

For £200, the slight difference would mean I'd just go to whatever is nearest and easiest.

I agree with the previous poster about prices in Amsterdam. I went earlier in the year and 7 euros for a pint is common.

Don't do it by card when you get there unless you have checked the rates and charges - some banks give you a rate that is similar (or worse!) to the rates you can get at conversion places, then add a percentage charge for doing it.

Not that it will make much difference for £200, but still...

I've looked into this as I travel to Europe a lot due to my work and cashpoint withdrawals on arrival of greater than £100 equivalent are the most economic way to exchange money.

The exchange rate from pound to Euro is pretty much equal at the moment. . . we have just been to Berlin and changed ours at Thomas Cook in town, we got a EU mastercard with them in the summer for our trip to Paris which is the new way of having travellers cheques rather than carrying cash

Archived