Job Opportunity?

Without seeing the skirting that was replaced i couldn't say whether she was overcharged or not. £80 would buy most joiners for at least half a day though. If the skirting just needed re-fixing and not replacing then £80 would probably get you a whole room re-done.

Interesting responses, thankyou.

I didn't mean to offend qualified tradesmen or poach their terratory. I also take your point about insurance etc.

What prompted me was an elderly aunt who phones her son in Leicester to come over to do simple jobs (like change a lightbulb) and was charged £80 to replace a bit of skirting board. That seemed a lot to me.

In the good old days family and neighbours used to rally round and help the elderly with these types of small jobs, however, in this day and age most can't be bothered or are wrapped up in their own lives. Very sad times :mad:

My father used to spend half his spare time helping out the community bless him :)

Archived