Should people have the right to be paid their wages in cash?

Should the people in the UK have the right to be paid their wages in cash?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should the people in the UK have the right to be paid their wages in cash?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.

I don't have a bank account. Don't want one either

Same here as I refuse to have a bank account and use cash.

As for the right to have wages paid in cash then that is down to the employers and employees to work out. A lot of casual labour is still paid in cash.

Money in a savings account now will halve in value in 15 years.

I spend my money.

If everyone did the same, instead of hoarding it, things would be much better.

So how did you save up to buy a house? or a car? How do you save for a rainy day if you find yourself out of work?

Paying in cash means a security headache. I recall those days when the security van would turn up with the wages. The factory was locked down until it left and people were restricted from given areas for the day.

I remember those days too. Then the thieves realised it was easier to target the factory and wages office (staffed by women) after the security van had gone.

How about a compromise?

In the same way utility companies offer a discount to encourage people to pay by Direct Debit, employers could be obliged to pay in cash but offer a 'bonus' to those being paid electronically, to reflect the reduced costs.

Or we could just leave things as they are.

People who don't want to use banks can open a Credit Union account and have their wages paid into that.

Another moronic thread.

Paying in cash means a security headache. I recall those days when the security van would turn up with the wages. The factory was locked down until it left and people were restricted from given areas for the day.

It was a time when payroll trucks were being attacked and a couple of people lost their wages as they walked home pretty much every week.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to want their wages in cash?

And yet there you are :roll:

Archived