Life expectancy and retirement age.

Men and women in Southport and Formby die eight years earlier than people in Chelsea and Kensington. This should be factored into state retirement ages. People in Chelsea and Kensington should have to wait eight years longer for a state pension than those in Southport and Formby.

It is the only fair way to do it.

But the government are increasing the retirement age because people are living longer?

So if people are living much longer in one area than another it should be factored in so that people enjoy similar retirement periods.

Why should someone from Kensington enjoy a much longer retirement than someone from Southport?

But the government are increasing the retirement age because people are living longer?

So if people are living much longer in one area than another it should be factored in so that people enjoy similar retirement periods.

Why should someone from Kensington enjoy a much longer retirement than someone from Southport?

The ones in Kensington pushing up the average lifespan for the area don't need to retire because they probably don't work for a living, or they have the type of job that allows them to retire early regardless of the state pension age.

The ones in Kensington pushing up the average lifespan for the area don't need to retire because they probably don't work for a living, or they have the type of job that allows them to retire early regardless of the state pension age.

I had thought of that . The government know it too. They seem intent on working Northerners to death to enhance the quality of life of Southerners.

I find it annoying that some people do not understand or accept that.

I had thought of that . The government know it too. They seem intent on working Northerners to death to enhance the quality of life of Southerners.

I find it annoying that some people do not understand or accept that.

Nothing to do with any North/South divide, there are thousands of people in London who have a much poorer quality of life than people in the rest of the UK.

Archived