Child abuse in Madrassas.

No. The say the poster was crap would be an insult but I attacked the post, not the poster.

You said that his opinion was crap which is tantamount to the same thing.

The Catholic church, or the members of it that committed those crimes, were acting outside the rules laid down in 'book' religions. It was lack of religion by people pretending to be religious that caused the problem.

Religious, nonetheless, of self-professed religious folk. This is not just confined to Catholicism and Christianity. Cherry picking bits of a religion which suits one and then acting in a highly pious manner is common across all religions.

So you're saying the council and so on were forced to refuse photography by daft parents. Your point?

Eh? There are chld protection issues around the application of suncream and the like. With regard to allowing photos to be taken, it's a matter of discretion for the school and parents are usually asked at the beginning of every academic year to give their consent. On this occasion and in my son's year, 3 parents had withheld their consent, much to the annoyance of all the other parents present who wanted to take photos of their kids' end of junior school performance, me included.

I have a camera and I take a snap or two out here. If I snap a kid, it's pretty much 100% sure that kid is from a religious family. The only time I've had to be covert in taking a photo is when I've spotted child abuse in the form of enforced begging. Not the act of a religious person.

I'll be happy to post a few of the photos if you wish.

No thanks.

I have a very rounded view of the world. If someone is a good person, I really have little care about their religious views. The general standard of spoken English in my school is extremely high so we tend to discuss a wide variety of topics rather than simply learn how to pronounce "The rain in Spain".

That covers a lot of ground including religion, religious tolerance and politics. That includes hate politics and the effects of such.

I never lead them to a given conclusion, just show them the results of such politics as seen in history. They decide for themselves.

Really? Your posts belie this self-proclaimed view. In fact, you seem to be a proponent of religious = good, non-religious = evil, decadent and a breeding ground of slappers and tarts.

What was that first line regarding being insulting?

Before turning to those moral and mental aspects of the matter which present the greatest difficulties, let the inquirer begin by mastering more elementary problems. Elementary, my dear.

Unlike you, it is not my default position, however, given the lack of coherent argument in your posts, it does beg the question.

Archived