Would you be prepared to eat insects as part of your staple diet?

Would you be prepared to eat insects as part of your regular diet?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be prepared to eat insects as part of your regular diet?

• Yes
    • No

According to the experts, the growing world population will mean that food production is not sustainable if we stick to producing the foods we currently eat. They suggest that we will be consuming insects in the UK as part of our staple diet within 10 years.

Would you be prepared to eat insects? If so where would you draw the line?

Yeah, I think I would, provided they taste good - as I've been assured some do.

Texture might be an issue for me though. Crunchy is cool, but I'm not sure about squishy - witchetty grubs and other such delights might be more than I could cope with. (I'm told they taste rather like peanut butter.)

I saw a program once, where people in Africa swatted pans to catch flies that had been breeding just off the coast before moving inland. They then pressed them into a burger that contained 3 times as much protein as a pure beef - beef burger.

I bet they are well tasty, I'd definitely give it a try.

That said though, there's a lot of good food wasted, and supermarket bins full of good food are fenced off!

Filthy dirty horrible creatures, many of them live off dung. Would you eat s---.

Regards

Angel.

Have you seen what prawns, mussels and mackerel eat?

I'd happily live off them.

Archived