We're all in this together .. yeah, right!

That's what you did isn't it Desmundo? I remember when you were on the dole, doing a bit of fiddle on the side. Now you're a successful entrepreneur with a portfolio of student lets. I bet you love listening to that Tony Bennett song whilst puffing on a knocked off fag and supping some bootleg booze.

Are you illustrating an example of the people at the bottom doing the same as the people at the top! That many of those at the top were somewhere below before...

They will be a minority, most successful people get there success from hard work.

I'm sorry but that is no longer true. The link between work and real wealth has been disconnected, and most real wealth is now gained not through hard work but through investments, ie. gambling on the stock markets.

Can I urge you to watch 'How the rich get richer' tomorrow night (Monday 17th November 2014) 8.0pm on Channel 4. 'Dispatches'

"While money breeds money at the top, no such things happen at the bottom where people are trapped on benefits or low wages. This Dispatches report explores the gaping chasm that now exists between the haves and have-nots, and argues that 21st century divided Britain is a shockingly unfair society in which to live."

I'm sorry but that is no longer true. The link between work and real wealth has been disconnected, and most real wealth is now gained not through hard work but through investments, ie. gambling on the stock markets.

Can I urge you to watch 'How the rich get richer' tomorrow night (Monday 17th November 2014) 8.0pm on Channel 4. 'Dispatches'

"While money breeds money at the top, no such things happen at the bottom where people are trapped on benefits or low wages. This Dispatches report explores the gaping chasm that now exists between the haves and have-nots, and argues that 21st century divided Britain is a shockingly unfair society in which to live."

Its always been true, as the old adage goes, it takes money to make money.

Many have been made and also broken through gambling and not only on stocks and cards, but also business investments such as cheap housing.

So, will hard work get you to the first rung? Enough to invest, wisely might I add! And that is a chance to get you to the top! So it is possible for most to make it to the top!

Have you seen this documentary being aired tomorrow?

I fear you're wasting your time Anna. Some people prefer the simplistic homilies of Samuel Smiles than face reality.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 20:57 ----------

Are you illustrating an example of the people at the bottom doing the same as the people at the top! That many of those at the top were somewhere below before...

Un pesce marcisce dalla testa in giù

I fear you're wasting your time Anna. Some people prefer the simplistic homilies of Samuel Smiles than face reality.

Your new word (who did you get it off?), can be viewed as applied to the opposite by both sides, even your usage is such!

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 20:59 ----------

Un pesce marcisce dalla testa in giù

Eat it or preserve it then you fool, don't simply be pretentious about it! :roll:

Your new word (who did you get it off?), can be viewed as applied to the opposite by both sides, even your usage is such!

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 20:59 ----------

Eat it or preserve it then you fool, don't simply be pretentious about it! :roll:

Okay thanks for that - I'll remember the next time I'm at the fishmongers :rolleyes:

Its always been true, as the old adage goes, it takes money to make money.

Many have been made and also broken through gambling and not only on stocks and cards, but also business investments such as cheap housing.

So, will hard work get you to the first rung? Enough to invest, wisely might I add! And that is a chance to get you to the top! So it is possible for most to make it to the top!

Have you seen this documentary being aired tomorrow?

It takes vast amounts of money to make big money on the stock markets, (preferably other people's,) so you can ride the losses and keep ahead.

Better still work for the bank, use all the customer's money, and take a percentage of the winnings, plus bonuses, (it'll be a huge amount.)

And when you lose, pass the loss onto the customer so you don't suffer at all.

Trust me, It's been tried and tested and it works brilliantly, (don't worry if you bankrupt a country or two - not your problem....)

Being rich and being successful are two entirety different things, I am successful because I accomplished my desired aims, but I am not rich and have no desire to be rich.

It takes vast amounts of money to make big money on the stock markets, (preferably other people's,) so you can ride the losses and keep ahead.

Better still work for the bank, use all the customer's money, and take a percentage of the winnings, plus bonuses, (it'll be a huge amount.)

And when you lose, pass the loss onto the customer so you don't suffer at all.

Trust me, It's been tried and tested and it works brilliantly, (don't worry if you bankrupt a country or two - not your problem....)

To start with it doesn't! No your average Joe won't go from porper to millionaire on their first attempt, to think so is idiotic! It doesn't cost much to invest and the risks are minimal in certain stocks.

Why take it to the extreme or does it not serve your purpose to admit anyone can make money from stocks, shares and other forms gambling for relatively low investment?

The customers of banks are actually made aware of the risks when they sign the terms and conditions, or didn't you bother to read them?

Trust you... as a financial advisor, no offense but me finks not!