"Future of the Welfare State" with John Humphrys

in mysterious ways and you :hihi:

My mind works ok sometimes, thanks.

You are mysterious in a dodging manner - when you don't want to answer a question. :D

Originally Posted by: Supertramp

Yes, why would you pay more tax then you are required to?

ricgem, you haven't responded to this yet either, which was answering your question.

Come on mysterious person. Why would you pay more tax than you are required to?

I'll add a bit myself: Do you pay more tax than you are required to?

My mind works ok sometimes, thanks.

You are mysterious in a dodging manner - when you don't want to answer a question. :D

ricgem, you haven't responded to this yet either, which was answering your question.

Come on mysterious person. Why would you pay more tax than you are required to?

I'll add a bit myself: Do you pay more tax than you are required to?

thats the trouble the gov lets big multi national companies pay as little as tax as possible, yet tax me and you something in the region of 20+% of our wage .do you think thats fair ?btw what i pay in tax is between me and the taxman :suspect:

thats the trouble the gov lets big multi national companies pay as little as tax as possible, yet tax me and you something in the region of 20+% of our wage .do you think thats fair ?btw what i pay in tax is between me and the taxman :suspect:

I will bet my life on you not paying more than you are required to.

And they tax all the you and me's who work for the big multi-nationals. Hundreds of thousands of them. Do you want the government to squeeze every penny out of the big multis ricgem?

I will bet my life on you not paying more than you are required to.

And they tax all the you and me's who work for the big multi-nationals. Hundreds of thousands of them. Do you want the government to squeeze every penny out of the big multis ricgem?

so you think its ok they can carry on making billions and pay less tax :huh:would it hurt them if they payed a little more :huh:.

so you think its ok they can carry on making billions and pay less tax :huh:would it hurt them if they payed a little more :huh:.

I asked a question, and you are inferring things from it.

Do you want the government to squeeze every penny out of the big multis ricgem?

What's the answer to this? (not what you think that I think)

I asked a question, and you are inferring things from it.

What's the answer to this? (not what you think that I think)

no i would prefer it if they payed a % rate like the common man not less. like i said dont you think they could pay a little more?

no i would prefer it if they payed a % rate like the common man not less. like i said dont you think they could pay a little more?

Well, you said 'would it hurt them if they payed a little more'... 2 different questions. But I'll answer my opinion on both.

'they', more specific would be better. But..

Would it hurt them? Probably not.

Could they pay it? Probably yes.

Would they decide to sod off to another country and take their business elsewhere? Maybe. Many companies have already done that.

Let's say for instance - the government increased your income tax rate to 50% from next year. This gives you one year to find a way of saving your income. If you don't try and find a way, then either you are inept, or stupid. Would you agree?

Look at some 'common men' who have made a fortune (footballers,racing drivers etc), where do they base their residency? And why do they do it?

It's common sense. No one in their right mind pays more tax than they are required to do so - that's Common man/business owner/large company/multi-nationals.

Well, you said 'would it hurt them if they payed a little more'... 2 different questions. But I'll answer my opinion on both.

'they', more specific would be better. But..

Would it hurt them? Probably not.

Could they pay it? Probably yes.

Would they decide to sod off to another country and take their business elsewhere? Maybe. Many companies have already done that.

Let's say for instance - the government increased your income tax rate to 50% from next year. This gives you one year to find a way of saving your income. If you don't try and find a way, then either you are inept, or stupid. Would you agree?

Look at some 'common men' who have made a fortune (footballers,racing drivers etc), where do they base their residency? And why do they do it?

It's common sense. No one in their right mind pays more tax than they are required to do so - that's Common man/business owner/large company/multi-nationals.

typical gov answer:huh: so lets just tax the less well off and everythings fine . like i said some people are gullible :hihi:

Archived