"French" told: All aboard the jobs train to Britain.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/could_cross_channel_commuter_plans_usher_in_french_jobless_1_1110800

If people in Kent are looking forward to receiving all the French mademoiselle's I fear they are going to be disapointed, no doupt the arrivals will mainly be the surplus immigrant population that Calais is swamped with that the French will be wanting to palm off on to Britain.

Lets see how French most of the arrivals look if/when they get here :roll:

If they don’t have a string of onions around their neck they aren’t French. :hihi:

Many moons ago we went to France and in a market my mother said “ look at that black man, he is specking French” , bless her she is getting on but it appears such ignorance still prevails.

people that were not born in France that are then being forwarded to Kent.

They're not "French" then, are they?

If a person doesn't have a European Passport they aren't allowed to come here to work.

I think this will go the same was as "le pond", myself. :)

Fine line is obviously not familiar with unemployment levels in France.

Here's a clue: it's been as bad as the UK is now, but for the last 20 years.

Nothing to do with Calais illegals (who wouldn't get on the trains the article is on about), and no difference whatsoever in respect EU migrants who might transit to the UK that way (they already do now, they don't need to wait for French businesses to setup office parks in Kent).

Considering the still-vastly different employment law (and taxation) regimes between the 2 countries, however, I can perfectly understand why French business types would prefer to set up shop here.

Archived