Tabak convicted of Joanna murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053178/Vincent-Tabak-guilty-Joanna-Yeates-murdered.html

He gets a minimum of 20 years, if that's all he'll be out of prison in his forties, I was thinking before the verdict that if it takes more than two days for the jury to reach a verdict and then the judge says he will accept 10-2 then there seems to be a doubt, and he had said if there was a doubt they should find him not guilty:confused:

I'm glad justice has been done here. A young woman has been robbed of a promising life. I've been watching this case closely and Tabaks account of what happened just didn't add up. The jurors have made the right decision. I hope this brings some sort of comfort to the family although how they would ever get over something like this I don't know.

[He gets a minimum of 20 years, if that's all he'll be out of prison in his forties, I was thinking before the verdict that if it takes more than two days for the jury to reach a verdict and then the judge says he will accept 10-2 then there seems to be a doubt, and he had said if there was a doubt they should find him not guilty:confused:

I've read reports that he's 33 and therefore he'll be at least in his fifties before he gets out. The judge wasn't saying find him not guilty if they can't be unanimous. He meant find him not guily if they're not sure as individuals, which is obvious. A lot of verdicts are majority so there is doubt for some but not for most.

You're right he will be in his fifties, he shouldn't be let out of prison imo

I thought 20 years was a bit lenient but it's a minimum sentence and he should only be let out if the authorities think he's no longer a threat. Given his psychological state he'll have to undergo a lot of changes to be considered safe.

Now all the other stuff coming out is added to the profile, it seems like the police were biding their time until they had the full evidence. I think the fact he tried to incriminate the landlord after the event shows that this was the act of a deeply disturbed man rather than a rash crime of passion. I hope the landlord is able to reclaim damages against him as well as he has rightly done against the newspapers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053178/Vincent-Tabak-guilty-Joanna-Yeates-murdered.html

He gets a minimum of 20 years, if that's all he'll be out of prison in his forties, I was thinking before the verdict that if it takes more than two days for the jury to reach a verdict and then the judge says he will accept 10-2 then there seems to be a doubt, and he had said if there was a doubt they should find him not guilty:confused:

If all the evidence had been presented to the court I reckon it would have been a unanimous verdict.

Archived