Royal Mail opening my mail again!

Just checked todays mail and seems I have had an attempted theft again!

About 2 months ago I mailed someone a single pearl earring that they had left at my house, the envelope was opened and the earring removed, it was secured in with tape to a piece of paper, the envelope had been carefully cut open with a knife it seemed

Now today I received a letter from a Hotel chain I regularly use and on the envelope it said welcome to Elite Club Silver, Inside is your new Card

I can only assume that this led the person who fully cut open the envelope to believe inside was a Credit Card, but thankfully discovered it was just for a hotel reward program and put it back

Have to say I am massively disappointed these days with Royal Mail, any items of any value at all now I am sending special delivery at a much heightened cost just so there is a traceable route and insurance.

BAD BAD PEOPLE!!!! :rant:

Hi, Yes bad people indeed. . . .

A couple of weeks ago I posted a Birthday card to my friend's Son via Royal Mail. I enclosed some money in the card which I wouldn't normally do when sending a card through the post but on this occasion I did. When the card arrived the envelope had been opened down the side on the seam and the note was missing. What sort of scum does this. . . . it really is beyond me. . . .

I once sent my grandaughter some money, which I wouldn't do normally but she needed it quickly and this went missing.

I have a friend in Holland and his mail to me is regularly opened by the post office, they seal it up and put a sticker on it to say it has been opened, I can only assume they think he is sending me drugs.

Cards are often opened as they are "expected" to contain money...

To send anything of value in the post is a foolish thing to do...

I would not trust even the insured, recorded or special services tbh..

The only thing you get from the post office is tonnes of red elastic bands chucked in your flower beds...

VI

Doubt it will be te sorting office, more likely to be a postman. BUT if it was the postman sureoy he would put the card in the trash after so it looks lost rather than tampered with.

I know of two occasions where the "sealed down" card was delivered but the cash stolen...

Unless........

The senders were too tight to send the cash they pledged and made it look like the loot had been removed....

Dun Dun Dun.....

I've had a special delivery rubberised envelope stolen from the main storing department at royal mail Nottingham.

The item was not signed for which contained £130 in an envelope in the old rubber special delivery packets. It was returned by the postman to the main sorting office.

I rang the sorting office who confirmed they had it and would return it to me after the 3 week period allapsed.

On the day the letter was said to be returned I rang them to make sure it had indeed been returned, I was greeted with the message " its been lost ".

I had to fill in loads of forms, send in bank statements and I did get the money back in the end.

Oh and just to add.

I've seen 2 postmen, I say men I mean kids about 18, one was a mate by the look of it. They were pushing the mail around in a co-op shopping trolly.

The mate was pulling mail from the sacks that had window envelopes. He then began to squeeze the envelopes to see up them to see what was inside.

I watched him for a while and took descriptions on both of them and then phoned royal mail.

They have never been seen again, well not on the round they were on hopefully sacked and the law brought in.

A few weeks ago was my missus's birthday. She received a plastic bag through the post - along with all the other mail - several days after her birthday, containing an open birthday card sized envelope addressed to her hand-written in my sister's handwriting which had been postmarked illegibly. Inside the envelope was a postcard addressed to somewhere in Worksop and sent by someone from Rotherham. The postcard hadn't been postmarked.

So, somehow, a birthday card posted to a Sheffield address from another Sheffield address had been opened, the enclosed card removed, and a postcard presumably posted in Rotherham and intended for Worksop inserted in its place. What numpty at the Post Office organised that little fiasco?:huh:

"Oooo look! A postcard from Rotherham destined for Worksop with a 1st class stamp on it. Durrrrr! I reckon it must have fallen out of this empty screwed-up envelope that's addressed to Sheffield. Durrr!"

The postcard was reposted by us so I'm hoping it made it to Worksop at the second attempt.

Archived