How would a war with Germany look in 2012?

I live in Florida for half the year (Because my wife wants to do so. I'm not going to rub your noses in it just yet ... I'll wait until you are up to your arses in snow and then rub your noses in í t (I kept the link "Why in earth would anybody want to live in Florida?) and I will remind you of that when the time is right ... when I'm picking tomatoes, going sailing, going fishing and you are shovelling snow.)

When I'm not living here, I live in Oberbayern,

I live in a town where we have no crime (just like Sheffield) ;)

I live in a town where people are so proud of their town that they d0n't drop litter [that would be a major crime!] (just like Sheffield.) ;)

I live in a town where nobody locks their doors (Just like Sheffield.) ;)

Why on earth would anybody want to live in Bayern?

I don't live in Sheffield. - I visit, I enjoy the time I am there and I'm glad to get the hell out.

I live in Florida for half the year (Because my wife wants to do so. I'm not going to rub your noses in it just yet ... I'll wait until you are up to your arses in snow and then rub your noses in í t (I kept the link "Why in earth would anybody want to live in Florida?) and I will remind you of that when the time is right ... when I'm picking tomatoes, going sailing, going fishing and you are shovelling snow.)

Has it ever entered your mind that some of us might actually enjoy frolicking in the snow? I love the stuff myself. I like it even more when the country goes in to meltdown due to southern ponces not having a clue what to do without their take-aways. The last time it happened we all rallied around and made sure everyone had what they needed.

Try finding that camaraderie in your 6 months in Florida :)

Has it ever entered your mind that some of us might actually enjoy frolicking in the snow? I love the stuff myself. I like it even more when the country goes in to meltdown due to southern ponces not having a clue what to do without their take-aways. The last time it happened we all rallied around and made sure everyone had what they needed.

The fellow is probably posting from his mums back bedroom in attercliffe.

Dont let the trolls get to you.;) Rupert bear should be a clue, it is the motif on his pyjamas.

I'm a keen fisherman. I've been a fisherman since I was about 6 and when I moved here, I wondered what the fishing was like.

(It's pretty good, actually apart from the bloody gator (he's supposed to be frightened of humans, but somebody has given him a sandwich

[i suspect] and now when he hears humans talking, he comes round for tea.

"Do you, by any chance, have a spare sandwích? ... or could I eat one of your dogs?"

('Maintenance' will move him elsewhere, or I will kill him.)

rupert you are very privileged, good on you!!

In what way am I 'privileged'? Everything I own I worked for and I paid tax on the lot. I - like you, perhaps - had to make my own way in life. No 'silver spoons', no handouts.

...most of us just have to make the best of what we have got, it would be nice to not be looked down upon but people will do what they do. including you!

How are we different? - I too made the best of what I'd got. It wasn't a lot, but I didn't sit on my arse and bleat about it. I realised (at a very early age) that the world didn't owe me a living ... but then again, the world wasn't preventing me from making a living, either.

Have the rules changed?

couldnt you join the florida forum? im sure it will be so much better than ours;)

Actually, it's not. There are indeed some people on the local forum who are worth talking to, but few of them are as interesting (and as well worth talking to) as you. Which is one of the reasons I post in this forum.

Don't sell yourself short. It's the people - and the variety of opinions - which make thisi forum worth reading.

Ordinarily I would suggest that 'Opinions are like Arseholes; we've all got one and few of us are interested in those of each other'.

This forum is different in that although most of us have opinions, many of those opinions are interesting, Even if we disagree with the opinions held by others.

Would you prefer that the posts on this forum be moderated so that they comply exclusively with your opinion?

You've suggested that (because I live elsewhere) I should post elsewhere.

Are you suggesting that posting on this forum be limited to people who live locally and are approved by you?

You could always ask the mods to change the rules.

You appear to have missed a bit from my previous post. My other home is in Oberau, in OberBayern.

I probably shovelled more snow in the last 3 years than you will shovel in your lifetime. (about 18-30 ft a year, on average.)

I'm not an expatriate Sheffielder, I'm an expatriate Oachkatzlschwoaf.:hihi:

(Many of us do speak passable English. :))

This forum is different in that although most of us have opinions, many of those opinions are interesting, Even if we disagree with the opinions held by others.

Long may it continue.

Would you prefer that the posts on this forum be moderated so that they comply exclusively with your opinion?

There is a forum not to far away that operates just like that, its their way or no way :D

Archived