The Queen in Australia

I enjoy being British and having a Royal Family. I have however thought it should only be the Queen's immediate family on the Civil List though, ie her children&grandchildren not all the hanger-ons profiting from being the Queen's 3rd cousin twice removed.

Point of information: the Civil List does not now exist. Instead, see the Sovereign Grant Act 2011. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/15/contents/enacted?text=%22civil%20list%22#match-1

I detest the monarchy. They are an outdated, disfunctional piece of Little Britain. They need putting out to grass then lets have an elected President. They just grease the wheels of foreign exports, bandage up the Commonwealth and pull in tourists.

I don't see the point of them, but old people seem to love them.

......and millions of people around the world if the recent Royal Wedding is anything to go by.

I think we would lose a lot more than we think if they were abolished. After all, would you really want a President Cameron, Clegg, Miliband?

the queen has been given such a great welcome in australia.

makes you proud to be british.

then there was william & kate in usa and canada not long ago...and what a welcome they got.

i love having a monarchy like ours.

I think they are doing a sterling job in all honesty.

I think they're a bunch of useless parasites and we should become a republic.

Name one thing you bring in to this country more valued than the royal family.

......and millions of people around the world if the recent Royal Wedding is anything to go by.

I think we would lose a lot more than we think if they were abolished. After all, would you really want a President Cameron, Clegg, Miliband?

Just because it's halloween please don't give us nightmares.

I don't care either way, they cost 20p each or something daft. BUT the main story on the BBC for the past few days has been the Queen, doing absolutely nothing, it is not interesting in the slightest. Neither is Kate Middleton shaking hands with people. "Oh she interacts with people really well" That's because she is a people, they still **** in a toilet!! :rant:

Archived