The Queen in Australia

100% Agree.

Maybe some of the Royalists can explain why anyone should be in a position of power simply because of the family they were born into?

they don't really have any power, they just have lots and lots of money, property, art, jewelery, cars, land etc. etc. etc.

they don't really have any power, they just have lots and lots of money, property, art, jewelery, cars, land etc. etc. etc.

Which is not really theirs it all belongs to the country just as they do ……………….. I can’t see any of them cashing in any of “their assets “and going to live on some obscure island to count all their riches.

As if that's acceptable?

Anyway - the story today proves that they do hold real power - Charles has a secret right to veto legislation that might affect his commercial interests.

They are not harmless - they're undemocratic leeches.

And?

I'm a Channel Islander. in 1066 Bill the ******* came over and beat the crap out of your lot.

Do you have a problem with that?

England is, after all, the oldest colony of the Channel Islands. (we are the sole remnant of the Duchy of Normandy)

If it wasn't for "our lot", the Channel Islands would have been, in all likelihood, ruled by a more sinister regime.

As if that's acceptable?

Anyway - the story today proves that they do hold real power - Charles has a secret right to veto legislation that might affect his commercial interests.

They are not harmless - they're undemocratic leeches.

If it's secret how does a plonker like you know?

On the contrary, they are extremely wealthy. They have plenty of assets in their own name, ignoring what is in the name of 'The Crown' or 'The Duchy of Cornwall'.

I wouldn’t argue with that but there is a lot more that isn’t “theirs”, I can’t see the crown jewels suddenly appearing on Ebay. ( awaits smutty jokes :D )

Bulgarian

yet we can't visit the castles/palaces without paying, can't see most of the artwork and can't even walk on some of the land.

I take it that entrance to presidential land and buildings is free in Canada.

Archived