Distance selling regulations question

Just a quick question to confirm if I'm correct.

when returning items under the dsr shouldn't you get a full refund including the delivery costs to you on the original order.

the reason i ask is that i returned a item and paid for the return postage which had to go special delivery as the company wanted the tracking number.

now they‘ve refunded me only for the cost of the item and not full cost they debited my card for. I've read their t&c‘s and there is no mention they would deduct delivery charges from any refund.

if they don't accept that they must fully refund can i get my bank to claim it back as paid by visa debit.

Just a quick question to confirm if I'm correct.

when returning items under the dsr shouldn't you get a full refund including the delivery costs to you on the original order.

the reason i ask is that i returned a item and paid for the return postage which had to go special delivery as the company wanted the tracking number.

now they‘ve refunded me only for the cost of the item and not full cost they debited my card for. I've read their t&c‘s and there is no mention they would deduct delivery charges from any refund.

if they don't accept that they must fully refund can i get my bank to claim it back as paid by visa debit.

No, they can charge you for delivery.

Unless its returned faulty in which case a full refund including postage.

No, they can charge you for delivery.

Unless its returned faulty in which case a full refund including postage.

I have paid return postage which is fair enough they are wanting to also charge the delivery to me and deducted this from the refund, which under the dsr they must refund the full amount they deducted from my card, this does not matter whether the goods ate faulty, incorrect, incompatible, etc etc.

I have paid return postage which is fair enough they are wanting to also charge the delivery to me and deducted this from the refund, which under the dsr they must refund the full amount they deducted from my card, this does not matter whether the goods ate faulty, incorrect, incompatible, etc etc.

I thought that I was entitled to a full refund but trading standards told me over the phone that the company could charge me for delivery.

It appears I was given duff advice.

Next breaks refund rules for online deliveries

A customer returning goods within seven working days is entitled to a full refund and the initial delivery charge, under the Distance Selling Regulations.

The next problem then is making the company give you the money back.

I shall be on the phone on Monday demanding the £2.99 they didn’t give me back.

To clarify (again). You're entitled to send back goods within the 'cooling off' period, without any reason, and receive both the cost of the goods and the cost of the original shipping.

However, if it says in their T&C that you have to pay for your own return shipping on an unbroken item, then you'll have to send it back at your own expense.

Just to clarify I'm on about the original charge of £43 where they have only refunded £35. i returned item at my own cost but they enforce you to send back on special delivery or other delivery company that supply a tracking number. this they don't show on the t&cs but do when they accept rma.

infact their t&cs are in breach of dsr and I'm sure they never sent me a copy and their website t&c cannot be used as they can ammend them after sales which is against dsr.

People sending stuff back through DSR puts the prices up for everyone else.

no it doesn't...

you might as well say the same about returning goods to a high street retailer.

the problem is that a lot of companies do not adhere to the act and thus get lots of bad press. if a consumer then persues their rights it could cost the company more money that just acting within the dsr in the first place.

Archived