Pass your driving test in one week?

I disagree with this approach. I think that better drivers come from careful series of lessons over a period of months with plenty of time to dissolve the knowledge.

Yes thats all its does, dissolve! into nothing.

The only people who gain from half an hour a week are the so called instructors. I dont think there is one worth their salt.

And there lies the problem, you are more likely to forget much of what you were taught and then more likely to become a bad driver after passing your test.

In what way is anyone a good driver after just passing their test?

In what way is anyone a good driver after just passing their test?

I don't recall saying they are, but the more the new driver forgets the worse they are likely to be.

If a new driver remembers everything their professional instructor taught them and continues to improve their skills based on what they were taught, they are more likely to be a better driver than one that forgets most of what they were taught and continues to learn by emulating the drivers around them.

Yes thats all its does, dissolve! into nothing.

The only people who gain from half an hour a week are the so called instructors. I dont think there is one worth their salt.

I don't know of any instructor that offers half hour lessons. Some will offer an hour at a time but most recommend that all lessons are two hours long. Half an hour would be a complete waste of time.

I tried a crash course back in the 90's. I spent 2 hours with a man who thought it was fine to scream at me none stop. He had me drive on to the Parkway and down one section of the M1. This was the first time i had ever driven a car.

He told me i would need 8 hours a day for 7 days. I got out after 2 hours and told him to shove it. I suspect this instructor no longer has his license.

I tried a crash course back in the 90's. I spent 2 hours with a man who thought it was fine to scream at me none stop. He had me drive on to the Parkway and down one section of the M1. This was the first time i had ever driven a car.

He told me i would need 8 hours a day for 7 days. I got out after 2 hours and told him to shove it. I suspect this instructor no longer has his license.

How sad ... and I'm not being sarky, I'm complaining about your instructor.

Some students are a bit quicker than others, but that's no excuse for rudeness...if the student wants to learn,

How sad ... and I'm not being sarky, I'm complaining about your instructor.

Some students are a bit quicker than others, but that's no excuse for rudeness...if the student wants to learn,

I ended up taking my test after 9 lessons with a decent instructor.

And what have you done since then?

I took my first test in 1967.

I took my (most recent) test in 2009.

I test again next week.

Any time that anybody offers me training (particularly when I don't have to pay)I take the course.

I am a highly competent, highly skilled and highly proficient driver/rider. My insurance costs me pennies (I get silly discounts.- 85% on bikes .)

You can't ever learn enough.

One day, somebody will get me. If you invent the best mouse trap in the world, somebody will invent a better mouse.

You point me to free lessons and i will gladly take them.

I can point you to a qualification (which will cost you less than a hundred quid )(unless they've gotten greedy) and will give you 10-15% off your annual insurance.

I don't live in the UK, I am not permitted to advertise (forum rules) but if you contact DT Ralge (who posts here frequently) IAM sure he will be able to help you.

Google is your friend.

Archived