Halloween: I just don't get it

for the kids ok yes.

but all this dressing up in the silly costumes and wearing those ridiculous masks.

theres a display of it on strictly come dancing tonight --and later on x-factor.

no don't get it.

You're not alone.

More imported claptrap from the USA, designed to take money from the less imaginative members of society.

:rolleyes:

You're not alone.

More imported claptrap from the USA, designed to take money from the less imaginative members of society.

Interestingly enough, I see it as completely the opposite. It's a chance for people to revel in the mysterious and to tell stories and be creative.

And yes I actively encourage this in the children I regularly interact with.

Interestingly enough, I see it as completely the opposite. It's a chance for people to revel in the mysterious and to tell stories and be creative.

And yes I actively encourage this in the children I regularly interact with.

well we know kids love scary stories,but i hope your not giving them nightmares.

All Hallowes Eve began as a semi-religious tradition, dressing up as ghosts etc in relation to ancient rites, but is now American crap which is demanding money with menaces ("Trick" or treat= give us what we want or we'll do something nasty)

It's an old Pagan thing I believe.

And when I get the 'Trick or Treat' question, I always ask for a treat. :hihi:

That really upsets them.

Archived